Seven

The crisp cool air filters through my nose. It greets my skin like an embrace of spring. I was glad to be out of that stuffy room, however, I had some business to attend to.

Quickly putting my hair into a ponytail I march across the grounds and towards the office building. Despite being discharged I was still under orders not to work. The idea simply drove me mad, how can I not continue working?

I'm fine as I'll ever be and I had tasks to fulfill as the Lieutenant. The day after Nifa, Edward, and Hanji visited me I was troubled with the idea of someone else being in that room.

I asked Petra for information but she only claims those three were the only ones who visited. Of course, she came into the room frequently too. I didn't bring up the flowers, however, as I wanted to avoid any misunderstandings until I was sure who it came from.

I was too busy crossing out any dead ends, I never realized I stood before Erwin's door. Blinking twice I put up a fist and knock firmly.

"Name and business," I hear Erwin command.

"Emma and I just have questions." Hearing a firm, enter, I push open the door and waltz into his office.

Erwin sits behind his desk, wearing his uniform as always. His arms rested on the desk with his lips were tugged into a small frown. Until, his eyes land on me. His frown turns into a small smile and he gestures his head in acknowledgement.

"Good to see you up and about, Emma," he greets.

"Yeah, even though you still have me under orders not to work." I mumble. I cast my gaze to my right seeing a short man with undercut hair. I knew fairly well who it was but, what caught me off guard was what he wore.

He wore a leather jacket as well as white pants. My eyebrows raise with my lips pressed together. Did he clean his own uniform? Wasn't I supposed to do it? I hear someone loudly clear their throat and I blink twice.

I realized Levi was glancing over his shoulder, his eyes narrowing at the sight of me staring. Immediately, I look away with a visible frown.

"Is there something you need, Emma?" Erwin asks, steering my attention to him. Nodding I take a step forward, ending up being on Levi's side.

"Yes, sir, I wanted to question you on a few things," I say formally. Erwin nods his head and gestures his hand to me.

"Proceed."

"Thank you, sir. I wanted to inquire you about an order laid out a few days ago while I was still in the Medical Center. Why did you make an order forbidding people to visit me? Why did you make it a big deal?"

It was silent at first, Erwin didn't seem to respond immediately to my questions. I watch him as he averts his gaze to Levi. They hold each other's stare, Levi being the first to look away.

I was puzzled by their exchanged glances but, push the thought aside when Erwin's releases a sigh.

"Your recovery was important," he answers lamely. "You've been pushing yourself too hard and I wish for you to recover without any distractions."

I frown deeply at his response. It was a lame answer, one I couldn't believe. My comrades weren't a distraction, I wasn't even working during my recovery.

But, I let it slide as he was my Commander and the dark aura I sensed on my right. I had a feeling Levi wanted  me to quickly finish whatever I had in store so he could continue whatever he was doing. I only had one question left, one that had been bothering me for a while now.

"Alright, then I have one last question, sir. Do you know who came to visit me while I was unconscious?" Erwin raises a brow in confusion, his back straightening slightly.

Risk [Levi Ackerman]✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara