♛ Thirty Two

By god she was drunk. Drunker than the damn Military Police officers on duty. Her eyes were glazed with heavy intoxication.

Her cheeks were rosier than the damn blood running through her veins. I wasn't even sure she realizes that she's talking to me. Hell, I don't think she realizes where she was. I set my face into a stern expression having my lips tugged downwards.

"You're drunk," I point out firmly. Emma's smile only widens as if what I said was delightful. She dramatically slams her hand over her chest while cocking her head.

"Who? Me? Never! I would never drink, Captain!"

"Then what's in your hand?"

"Hm?" She gazes down at her right hand with a dumb expression. She brings the large bottle to her face and squints her eyes.

I watch in fascination. How could someone so bright be so stupid at the same time? Emma abruptly gasps before giggling like a child. I was bewildered by it all and remain standing before her with an irk.

"Can you keep a secret?" She suddenly asks with a mischief gleam in her eyes. I study her for a moment while setting my lips into a considerable frown.

"Depends," I reply. Seeing that as a yes she trots towards me, the cloak bouncing off her as she did so.

As she comes near my nose immediately scrunches at the awful stench. It was strong but also sour. I took notice that it came from her opened mouth. Alcohol had tainted her mouth to the point I knew what type of liquids she pounded down her throat. The mere realization made the scent all the more revolting.

"My god you reek, Emma!" I shout with a scowl as I back away. I pinch my nose and put a hand out to stop her advance.

However, she took it as a sign for her to pull me close. Clasping my hand between her own she pulls it suddenly to her chest and giggles uncontrollably.

I was not amused. If anything I do my best to not dwell on the fact my hand was pressed upon her breasts.

"I got this from Erwin's personal stash," she exclaims with a boisterous laugh. "Isn't that crazy?"

"You--you what?" I gape with my eyes almost protruding out of their sockets. I knew more than anyone that Erwin loved his hard whiskey. I wouldn't be surprised if Erwin wouldn't let her go unpunished. She grins and let's go of my hand.

"SHH!" She presses a finger firmly over her lips. "It's a secret, Levii!" Her words were starting to slur and her laughter was becoming out of hand.

I watch her silently and take notice to her continuous swaying and obscured way she spoke. I didn't even understand a single word. All I knew was she went down to the storage basement, raided Erwin's stash, and now became an impossible drunk to deal with.

"You need to go home," I sigh tiredly. "You're drunk beyond help."

"I--I am not drunk!" She hiccups before pointing a lazy finger my way. "How dare you--you for saying that to my face! I would kick you in the balls for that!"

I scoff, "It would be a miracle if you could pull a stunt like that. You can't even lift your hand without stumbling to the side."

Confusion washes over her face and she pouts once more. She lifts a hand and I as said, she stumbles to the side. On instinct I grab hold of her shoulder and bring her close. Despite her being slightly taller than me, her head rests upon my shoulder.

"Damn, brat," I scold. "Didn't I just say you'll stumble?"

Emma grins a drunkard's smile, completely disregarding my words. "Wow, I just noticed--you're hella hot."