Forty Six

To my displeasure, we did have a talk. And it wasn't something I was overly happy with. Levi had informed me of his meeting with Erwin and to quote him it was, 'A fucking waste of time.'

Despite his information of last night's incident he claimed Erwin didn't seemed fazed in the slightest. And I knew that pissed off Levi. On top of that, Levi has placed Edward as a suspect but, Erwin won't comply that assumption.

Even I was having a hard time thinking of Edward as one. Hell, that boy was sweeter than candy, how can he be an accomplice of the murderers? But then again, I did see a new side of him earlier, Levi might not be wrong to accuse him.

So, now Erwin knows of my work that I did behind his back. But Levi didn't mention if he was displeased or not. But other than that, Levi didn't gained any vital information.

Only with the order to sit back and wait. I still sat on desk while Levi had outages himself on the couch. He looked troubled and glared at the wall in front of him.

"You deserve to work on this case," Levi grumbles. I was stunned by Levi's claim. I don't think he ever sided with me on any matter of topic. Somehow, it brought my heart to skip a beat.

"Should, shouldn't who knows?" I sigh. "It's Erwin's choice and even if you said I was important to solving it we both know it's his decision."

"Fuck that!" Levi spats. He sends me a deadly glare. "He's being a stubborn old man! He doesn't know when to accept help when offered."

"But he's Commander of the Survey Corps," I remind. "You can't just order him to do something."

Levi keeps his glare on me a moment longer. I watch them narrow with a frown appearing over his lips. I tried to read his face but, like always I couldn't tell what he's thinking.

His gaze was causing me to squirm and my stomach to churn. I wasn't sure why he was looking at me like that.

"What?"

He doesn't respond immediately. He blinks slowly before furrowing his thin brows together.

"You're different," Levi mumbles. I wasn't sure if he was answering my question or talking to himself. But nonetheless, I cock my head.

"Different how?"

Levi takes a stand, he shuffles to me but doesn't get too close. He keeps a decent three feet between us.

"You're too—timid," he observes. "And it's fricking annoying." A little irk forms over my temple. I set my lips to a frown as I narrowed my eyes.

"Cheapshot," I mutter. "What did I do?"

"It's not what you did. It's what you didn't do. Shouldn't you be throwing a fit or something?"

"Why would I do that?"

Levi sets his face into a 'is it just me or are you dumb,' look. He scoffs while crossing his arms. "I just told you what Erwin and I talked about," he reminds hotly. "And I said Erwin has to consider your position on this case."

I wasn't sure why my reaction was a big deal. So what if he told me everything? I don't need to make a big deal out of it. Hell, I wasn't even there. It's like Levi expects me to say something.

"Okay, so you told me. Why do you want me to make a big deal out of it?"

I jump off the deal finally gaining strength back in my legs. I frown down at the Captain while he does the same.

"See, this is a perfect example of being annoying," he snaps.

"I'm not being annoying!" I exclaim. "I haven't even done anything!"