♛Seventy

With no sign of Edward or Booker in both alleyways we took Arron into custody. And just as Erwin promised I was permitted to have my way with him. I dismissed everyone from the mission excluding Hanji.

However, she had to see Nat made it safely to the medical center. Her wounds had to be treated immediately to ensure her slightest survival. Nat was hanging between life and death, she could slip away at any moment.

Hanji had promised to help me once she was sure Nat's condition was stable but, I didn't rush her. Instead, I tell her to take as much as time needed to make sure Nat was safe. And in that time I would have my own sort of dealings with Arron.

Gaining answers from him was our top priority but, my silent rage was slowly taking over. Many scenarios came to mind as how I would interrogate the bastard. All of them had him writhing in pain with a few broken bones.

I held him by the back of his collar as I dragged him down the steps to the cells. He struggled and protested but I simply ignored him.

"Damn it I can walk myself!" He yells while stumbling behind me.

Yanking open the nearest cell door I toss Arron in. I watch him fly towards the furthest wall, his back making impact with the stone surface. He heaved out a grunt with a grimace.

His eyes were full of fury when he shoots his glare at me. No sign of the cowering puppy I'd dealt with an hour ago in the alley. But it doesn't intimidate me, if anything it amused me. I kept my face neutral, my eyes full of that cold hate I stored for him.

"What do you want from me?" He growls. "What sort of pain should I be expecting?"

His sarcastic and rude question had ticked me off slightly. But I was amused the man had the guts to question me in his position. I simply frown at him, crossing my arms in the process.

"Don't play dumb," I snap darkly. "You know exactly what I want from you. Where's Emma?"

A small scoff escapes Arron's lips. He had straightened his spine, that glimmer cold amusement starts to coat his eyes.

"Well this is new—when did you started to care about Emma? Or even better, when did you start caring for people in general?" Edward muses. "Last time I checked you were nothing but a man with a heart of stone. Heh, looks like you're becoming a big soft—"

Fist meets with face as a crunching sound fills the room. I had landed a hit on his nose breaking it in the process. A howl of pain escapes Arron, his body falls to the floor. He screamed and yowled like a dog as he rolled on the ground while covering his nose.

"I didn't ask for small talk." I snap as I shake my hand. Anger fuels my glare as I glare down at him like he was an insect.

If I could I would squish him like a bug. But as the thought dwelled I knew that wouldn't be enough to suffice.

"Shit—you broke my nose!" He shrieks. Blood began to spread down his cheeks, his hands coated with them. I take notice to the tears brimming the corners of his eyes.

"Does it hurt?" I growl. "Does it hurt more than what you did to those victims?" I swiftly kick him in the gut before pounding my foot down his ribcage. "I doubt it," I sneer when I watch him gasp for air.

A man like him who can simply cower and scream like a wailing pig being lead to the slaughter couldn't possibly be the cause of the victim's deaths. Someone like him is too damn pathetic to commit such a heinous acts.

But that's what angered me even more. The fact we overlooked him and the others set my blood ablaze. I gritted my teeth, I could feel the way they grind against each other and the way I clenched my fists.