Forty Two

Credits to kfreak19 & Rae-ChanSempai for the wonderful ship names! >.<

"Neither." I reply a tad too terse. I say nothing more and take a sip of my drink.

A tense silence fill between the three of us as Hanji and Nifa gape at me like a bunch of fish. I put my cup down with a sigh and set my eyes back on them. They didn't seem all that happy by my answer.

"What?" I question with a frown. "Why you staring at me like that?"

"How can you say neither?!" Nifa answers with a question. "Just—how?"

I was puzzled by her question, not understanding what was so upsetting. Even as I glanced at Hanji I could she didn't like my answer too.

"Because I'm not attracted to them. . ?" My words came out as a question for I wasn't sure how I was supposed to answer. Nifa scoffs in disbelief before drowning herself in a fourth cup of ale. Hanji follows suit but slams her glass on the table afterwards.

"You got two, good-looking guys around you and you say you're not attracted?" She shakes her head as though I already answered her question. "That's some BS right there."

"Look, I just don't seem them that way." I sigh. "How can you not?" Nifa suddenly demands hotly. "Edward is sweet and funny and Levi is just—well, hot."

I splutter out the remains of my drink, showering the table with alcohol. I was taken aback by her one word description of Levi. Yet, her nor Hanj seemed bothered by it and looked at me as if I was having a seizure.

"H-hot?" I stammer with bulging eyes. "You think he's hot?"

"Emma, almost every woman in the regiment thinks so," Nifa states with a deadpan look.

"Don't forget some guys too," Hanji adds with a wink.

"But, this is Levi we're talking about!" I exclaim. "A short man with a stoic attitude!"

I was shocked, truly. But it was difficult for me to find ways to disagree with their words.

Did I find Levi hot? Yes, most definitely. But I couldn't let them know that. That would surely betray Levi's and my secret.

"Believe or not, many find that sexy," Nifa grins. "Explain Petra, for god's sake! She's been pining over the Captain for almost three years now!"

A sudden bitter taste abruptly greets my mouth. I quickly despise having their names mentioned in the same topic. It was utterly annoying.

"So? Doesn't mean I do."

Hanji snickers before pushing her glasses to the bridge of her nose. A dreadful feeling suddenly fills my core. "Oh, I beg to differ. After all, I got the facts right here!"

Shoving her hand into her jacket she pulls out a damn notebook. I groan at the sight before slumping down in my chair like a frustrated child.

"Not that bloody notebook!" I groan.

"Yes, indeed, Emma!" Hanji cackles evilly. "You want to keep denying the truth, then I'll just throw back facts!"

She opens the book, landing on her desired page. Her and Nifa smirk deviously while I roll my eyes in utter irritation. I regret telling them anything that night.

"Right here," Hanji announces. "You said you like a guy who doesn't take shit from anyone and is sexy! That describes Levi!"

"It doesn't necessarily have to be him!" I declare with red cheeks. "He just so happens to have what I like!"