Fifty Seven

"So you pretty much interrogated him." I state with a flat look. "Nice going."

"Hey, don't get all hurt just because he was being crabby," Hanji defends. I roll my eyes before going back to taking off my jacket.

Hanji's plan was stupid as ever. Her little idea to show me Levi did have a decency to care about me truly backfired. I never meant for her talk to him directly, I knew it would make things worse.

He didn't look at me all day. Hell, he didn't even speak to me. As much as that angered me I try to show I didn't care. It would give him the upper hand.

"You know, this whole thing you two got going on is really annoying," Hanji groans. She flops down onto her mattress with a heavy sigh.

Tossing my jacket into a nearby chair I take my hair out of its ponytail. "It really isn't none of your business."

"You and Levi think the same, you know. And yet you two can't just confess your feelings."

"Tch, I'm not confessing shit." I sit back down. I try my best to not think how his room was just across the cabin. Even if I was angry at him I still wanted him.

It was like some stupid primal instinct I couldn't get rid of. My body's desire to press against his. To run a hand throw his hair. To feel his teeth clamp down on my shoulder—I shake my head firmly.

There's no way in hell I would continue those thoughts. It would leave me feeling aroused but with no way to channel it. Tonight wasn't the night to feel that miserable.

"I think it'll be better if you do," Hanji hums. "I mean what can happen really?"

I scoff loudly with a disbelieved smile. I wasn't sure if she said that as joke or not but was she dense?

Levi Ackerman. I liked Humanity's Strongest solider. If that wasn't enough information I don't know what is.

"I can give you five things off the top of my head that can go wrong." I mutter. "Your suggestion would lead me into deep shit."

"Then I don't know anymore, Emma!" Hanji sends me an frustrated glare. Her tone baffled me. I gape at my friend, blinking twice as I found it difficult to speak. "Levi won't admit to his feelings, you refuse to tell him and I don't know how to help anymore. You guys are seriously getting nowhere by playing this prideful game. Honestly, if you don't want to tell him then don't. At least put all your energy into a guy that actually likes you."

She didn't have to speak his name for me to know who she meant. Edward. That idiot left for two days without saying a word.

No matter how much Hanji and I looked for him he was nowhere to be found. Till today. Showing up out of nowhere he expressed how sorry he was for leaving so suddenly.

I didn't bother telling him the punishment Erwin had planned for him after this exercise. I didn't want to think how he now placed Edward as an official suspect now.

His actions these past few days were too suspicious. I shake my head, I didn't want to think anymore.

"There's no point in that. I'm not going to give everything to a guy I don't even like." I mutter while clamping my hands together.

"So you'll give your everything to someone who isn't aware of your feelings?"

I grimace at her words, averting my gaze to the floor. I didn't realize how dumb that sounded till Hanji spoke them. Yearning for a man who deems little interest me, how pathetic.

Levi has made me into this lousy being with nothing but him on my mind. The many times I told myself to get a grip led to the overwhelming anger that was built inside me. If Levi wasn't such an asshole I wouldn't have to feel this way.