♛Seventy Three

So so so sorry for a REALLY late chapter guys!! Truly didn't mean for you guys to wait this long>.< Hope you enjoy this long chapter! (Sorry about the length lol)

I stand my ground and do my best to ignore how Edward stood before Emma. He was like a predator protecting his kill. He didn't want anyone near her—until he got the first bite.

With viscousness burning in his eyes he locked eyes with me and stared me down. I bare me teeth, gripping my fists till my knuckles turned white. And he laughed, laughed like this was all a joke.

"Well, aren't you gonna come at me?" He inquires with a smirk. He motions his arms before him dramatically, taunting me. "I thought you were going to take me down? How come you aren't moving?"

Edward tosses his knife in the air as if this were all a joke. I don't answer him and only click my tongue. I wasn't going to reveal how I've been assessing his body movements and stance. I was taking everything into consideration and how my moves might affect Emma. I need to grasp this dark game Edward was making me play.

"I was just thinking—" I shift my weight slightly, "How can someone like you could even be half related to Chris."

"What do you mean?" He growls. I catch a quick glimpse of him taking a step towards me. My eyes widen slightly before a small smirk appears over my lips.

"You're a brat," I state plainly. "A whiney-ass brat who can't get over the fact your brother gave his life for a worthy cause—"

"Please! He was driven to his death because of the stupid love he felt for this filthy wench!"

Something jerks within. Every fiber in me begged to be unleashed. But no matter how much I wanted that or how much I wish to punch out all of Edward's teeth—I couldn't. Not yet.

"Call her a filthy wrench all you want but she's someone your brother cared for. Reason you can't see that is because you lack vision."

Edward blinks once before relaxing his shoulders slightly. He shakes his head, a disbelieving scoff escapes him.

"I lack vision?" He repeats. "I think I'm the only one who has vision, Levi. I have the damn guts to redeem my brother's meaningless death. I'm the only one who sees people like you and Emma as monsters. I'm the only one who sees how Emma brainwashed Chris. Instead of joining the MPs like he planned, he went off to be a Scout." His hands were thrown up in the air. There was something gleaming in his gaze—something besides anger. "I told him he was stupid for choosing a girl over his goal. And I was damn right. Because of that my goal of becoming an MP was shattered and he died."

Suddenly everything clicked. Like everything was finally locked into place. His reason, his belief, his anger it all made sense. But doesn't mean it was tolerable. No, it just made it all more pathetic.

"I see now," I muse with a narrowed look. "You're not doing this because you think it's right or vengeful. You're doing this out of jealousy."

"Excuse me?"

"Think about it, you wanted to be an MP like Chris but couldn't because he chose to be a Scout. You knew he loved Emma which led him to abandon his dream and ultimately, you. And that made you a very jealous man."

Edward began to breathe heavily, I could see his chest rising and falling rapidly. It took all my strength to fight off that smirk coming to my lips but, I failed miserably.

"You can't get over the fact Chris found someone better and give them all the attention you wanted—"

Edward shakes his head, his eyes shut tightly as if I were showing him something unbearable.