Thirty Nine

I don't think nine pm could come any slower. Each hour dragged on before the clock struck nine. I couldn't do my work or anything for that matter as I was too anxious to see Levi.

Odd as that was I couldn't seem to care. Hate didn't seem like my driving passion for him anymore. I floundered about in my office, I wasn't sure if I seemed presentable.

I had took off my jacket and was left in my button shirt. I allowed my hair to flow down my back as I was too antsy to put it up in a ponytail. I was sure I looked alright as I figured Levi would probably care little over my appearance.

With a heavy sigh I open my door. The hall was dark with light from the window giving me some visibility. I was sure almost everyone had left the office building and I was positive there was no one in this hallway.

Except for Levi and I. His office was not far from mine, two doors down to be exact. Yet despite the rapid beating of my heart and my tingling fingers, I walked ever so slowly towards his door.

I wasn't sure what was making me so damn hesitant but the more I thought about what may happen inside his office the more my stomach twist and turns. As I stand before the wooden door, it took all my effort to raise a fist. My body was vibrating from my beating heart.

Sweat coated the back of my neck and slicked down my back. I wasn't sure if I were to knock or not. Levi was expecting me after all.

"Ah, to hell with it."

A sudden surge of courage bubble within me and I grasp the bronze knob. I push the door open before striding into the dark office. Only the moonlight cascaded enough light for me to see an outline before me.

Across the office stood Levi. His back was turned as he grasped both ends of his desk while leaning forward. Clearly he was studying something.

He also discarded his jacket that was neatly placed over his office chair. When I click the door shut he still doesn't greet me. I began to ponder over what he's doing.

"Levi—"

"Ten minutes," he suddenly announces.

I raise brow in sudden puzzlement. "Huh?"

"You're ten minutes late, idiot," Levi clarifies with a snippy tone. He glances over his shoulder. His eyes narrow at the sight of me. "Did you honestly think I'm the type of man who enjoys waiting for dumbasses like you?"

"Well, excuse me for making sure no one was around!" I huff with a glare. "And calling me a dumbass is totally uncalled for! I just got here!"

"Exactly! That's why you're a dumbass."

"But you never said what time, Levi." Crossing my arms over my chest, I push out my lower lip while poking my hip out to the right. "So, technically the dumbass here is—"

"Who? Me? I'm the dumbass?" He finally turns around and gives me an infuriated look he could muster. However, it didn't affect me like he wished.

I wasn't even focusing on his face, his goddamn shirt was unbuttoned. His upper body was revealed, giving me the gesture to gawk at the sight. Cut abs, ivory skin, sculpted body.

I curse myself when those wretched thoughts began to plague my mind again. Didn't I suffer enough in that damp cell? I hastily look away and cover my eyes in the process.

"Why is your shirt unbutton?!" I demand hotly. My body begins to tremble while my face grows hot. Even my insides began to feel warm and restless.

"I was doing some push-ups while waiting for your ass, obviously," Levi snaps.

"A-alright, I'm here now!" I shriek. "Can't you at least button it half way or something?!"