Twenty Four

"Bonding exercises?" I hear myself question. "Are you serious?"

"Yes," Erwin answer stiffly. "I am."

I scoff in disbelief while rolling my eyes in the process. Somehow I feel like I am back at the Training Corps once more. I wonder if Sadis gave Erwin this wonderful idea.

"Some plan," Levi mutter sarcastically beside me. "If you must remember, we're not Cadets, Erwin."

"I understand, but you behave like one," Erwin retorts. "Brash, immature, and worst of all, uncooperative. So we'll treat you like Cadets till you learn how to be soldiers."

"This is dumb!" I explode. "I don't need to do this crap. I work well with you, if you need a reminder. And I work well with everyone else! So don't tell me I'm not cooperative."

"Oi, what about me?" Levi questions sternly. I throw my fury glare to him. I raised a brow in questioning while Levi tugs his lips into a deep frown. He glares back as if he was expecting something.

"Tch, what about you?" I snap.

"Are you that incapable to talk about others?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" I ask impatiently.

I wasn't sure why he's getting worked up which was all the reason why I was starting to get angry. He was staring at me with such disappointment that it made my blood boil.

"You're only looking out for yourself, brat!" Levi explodes. "So what if you can be a team player? Don't you have the brains or even the slightest capability to utter the word us? Or is that not in your self-centered vocabulary?"

"Excuse me, but looking out for myself isn't a bad thing! You're a grown man, grow a pair and stand up for yourself! You don't need me to baby you!"

"I wasn't asking you to! All I'm saying is if we're both taking a hit its common courtesy to stand up for you and me!"

"What the hell do you know about common courtesy?!" I spat. "You have no respect for me whatsoever or towards others. Well, save for Petra--"

"Why the hell are you bringing her up?! That's far from what we're talking about!"

"SHUT! IT!"

I flinch at the ear-splitting yell. I cringed at the words that were layered with hot anger. I swallow thickly, my throat sore from the shouting I did. I hadn't realized my face was in Levi's or the way he was glaring up at me.

"This is exactly why these exercises are needed!" Erwin states pointedly. "Ten minutes haven't even past and you guys are going for each other's throats!"

I pull away from Levi to face Erwin once more. My irritated frown still plastered on my lips. I had no response to his claim. If I utter another word, I was sure I would be thrown back in that cell.

"This is pathetic," Erwin sighs like a disappointed parent. "Look, you two are going to learn to get along and if I have to threaten your ranks then I will. You have no say against this."

"Tch, what's new then?" I mutter sarcastically.

"First lesson, Emma," Erwin hisses angrily. He points a finger at me with fire in his eyes. "Learn to keep that trap shut! It's one of the main reasons why you're in this mess!"

My cheeks flush scarlet with my lips tightly pursed together. Levi doesn't discreetly hide his small snicker, an irk started to form over my temple. With my fists shaking, I could only envision shoving Levi's head in a wall.