♛Fifty Six

"Why the hell am I even here?"

I take a look at the pathetic sight before me. I stood just at the doorway of an old cabin and I could tell it was in a shitty state. Rotten walls, dusty furniture, and dirty windows had made my nose scrunch at the sight. There was even a foul stink in here, I don't even try to hide my scowl.

"I already told you, bonding exercises." Hanji repeats with a hefty sigh. She strides into the cabin taking in the place with a nod. "I'm sure this place is good enough for a couple of nights."

"Couple of nights? You mean to tell me I'm staying here? In this shit-hole??"

There was no way in hell would I be able to sit in this filth. I could see a layer of dust atop the table. God that's disgusting. Hanji sends me a knowing look before gesturing at the small space around her.

"We came here early so you could clean, if you haven't noticed," she tuts. "Even your squad members tagged along."

I don't bother looking outside. My squad was too busy setting camp just outside the cabin. They were to sleep outside while officers slept indoors.

It didn't bother me really but, seeing how Petra kept eyeing me like I was piece of candy had me relieved that she's going to be outside. Edward also. I haven't seen the idiot for at least two days, everyone had claimed he stormed into the streets and didn't return till late last night.

He had apologized to Emma who was worried and had my blood sizzling in fury. I could care less about their stupid relationship but he gave her one simple apology for leaving so abruptly.

And she accepted it with ease and a soft smile upon her lips. It irked me to see her relieved by his presence. She was never like that with me.

"Tell me again why they're here," I ask tightly. I force those stupid thoughts to the back of my mind. "And why's Emma's squad is here too as well as those stupid Military Police Officers?"

Arron and Booker didn't have the right to be addressed by name. Not after the shit I saw Arron try to pull on Emma. That arrogant bastard, he tried to act as if he was part of the Survey Corps.

He given himself the right to treat Emma poorly about her failed mission and that angered me. He needed to be taught a lesson. A lesson where it would introduce his face to my foot.

"Since you and Emma are working on a case I deemed it wise for you two to also work on it here," Hanji says. "Well, that and it was Erwin's order as well as Emma throwing a tantrum earlier."

I blink once, "Emma knew about this stupid exercise?"

"Yep, the first I told," Hanji nods with a gleam in her eyes. "She wasn't happy about it since you know, it's them two but, what can you do? I told her this was beneficial."

Mischief was fueling her smile as well as her gaze. There was something about the way she stared at me. It was both uncomfortable and irritating. However, I don't inquire her about it. Almost everything she does sets me off, what's different about the way she looked at me?

"Beneficial, my ass," I glower. "I don't think your stupid exercises will help anymore."

After the way she yelled at me and I to her, I wasn't sure if things could go back to normal. The hate I bore for her was strong and yet that seemed to contradict the dirty thoughts that plagued my mind. I doubt she was in the same boat as me.

Edward was by her side after all. Why think of me when she has him? Even that thought led me to glare hatefully at the wooden floor. I listen to Hanji hum as if the words I said were intriguing.