♛Fifty Two

Immense amount of paperwork flooded my desk. I was drowning beneath it. I hated the load Erwin gave me and despised the fact it was already late at night.

Of course, that usually never bothers me as I never truly gained sleep but, I was exhausted tonight. I was tired to the point where I actually would risk my sanity to the bundle of nightmares inside of me. It wasn't like me to be in such a way but, I've been putting my mind and body to work excruciatingly hard these past couple days.

I had nothing else to do besides work and in great honesty, it was taxing. I used to not just focus on work, I had something else to look forward to on nights like this. Emma sprang into my thoughts, startling me slightly.

I release a tired sigh, placing down my pen. That damn brat was truly annoying as hell. And stupid.

Defending Edward and doing everything in her power to prove him innocent. I was confident in my theory he was a suspect. That little dark gleam in his eyes were clear enough.

But, stubborn as always Emma won't listen. It had me pondering if her and him had a close bond. One where they shared feelings for each other.

I grit my teeth feeling a low growl vibrate in my throat. The mere idea was disgusting and every fiber in me resented it. How dare she likes one of my squad members?

How dare Edward find a liking towards his high-ranking officer? It was wrong, all of it. If the public were to find out, what sort of example would Emma set?

Hell, our whole regiment would be looked down upon even more just by their stupidity. I keep telling myself it was wise that I broke things off wth Emma. I don't need to deal with her shit and I mostly certainly don't have to deal with Edward's constant need to show dominance.

I was pissed off at her for saying such rude things to my face but, I was also pissed off that her emotions were getting the better of her. It made working with her on this case all the more difficult. However, even if these thoughts filled my mind, images of Emma clouded my thoughts.

Her delicate, soft lips and how they tasted sweet when I kissed her. The way her eyes were hooded and full of lust each night when we were close. God, even her damn body fogged my mind.

I enjoyed the way she laid submissively under me as I pleased her. Her little whimpers and the way she shouted my name was fucking music to my ears. Even if it was just for that one night, the memory was all too clear.

I could feel myself twitch, I wanted to do it again. I wanted to feel myself in her again and I wanted to hear her moan because of me. I even wanted her to take control, see her on top of me.

God, I was losing it. I licked my lips in desire while my pants became tighter. I wanted her but couldn't.

I ended it and for a good reason too. I hated her, she disgusts me with the way her heart is set on another man. Although, I knew I shouldn't care but that same haunting thought trickled into my mind.

When I was pleasing her, was she thinking about Edward? My sudden arousal quickly disappears as if I were never in such a state. Anger boils in my veins and my jaw was set tightly together.

"That damn brat," I growl. "Fucking full of shitty crap and nonsense."

I wasn't about to crawl back to her because of my damn desires. No, if she were to tell me to fuck myself then that was enough set that wall between us once more. I didn't want to break it down again.

It was better if we just stayed away from each other. Better for me anyway.

Glancing towards my empty cup I make a tsk sound with my tongue. Seems I need to refill on some tea. Grabbing the cup I exit the office.