♛Sixty Eight

Two days. That's how long it's been since I've seen Emma. Two fucking days.

It was driving me mad. I couldn't function like a proper person, my worry for her had overextended into something unhealthy. I didn't dare to sleep or even attempt to.

It would just leave me vulnerable to my thoughts that were filled with endless what if's over her situation. I couldn't eat and even when I did there was no flavor to the food. My mood grew fouler and I had succeeded to pissing off both Erwin and Hanji.

I told them both to personally fuck themselves when they wouldn't mind their damn business. I don't even regret telling them that. In return they claimed I was unfitted for further work and took me out of the investigation till further notice.

So here I was, lounging on my couch with a cup of alcohol in my hands. Usually I don't drink but I couldn't take this unusual loneliness anymore. My heart was hammering against my chest leaving an aching sensation.

I couldn't think straight, as much as I tried to investigate on my own Emma would invade my thoughts. I didn't want to admit that I missed her voice, her teasing smile, and scrunched up nose when she got angry. But the more I thought about her the more I felt like screaming.

Why was I like this? How come I was taking this harder than anyone here? I had kept telling myself to keep it together and I was a strong man but, that was starting to become useless.

Two days had passed and she was probably laying in some dirty alley dead. Guilt was beginning to ride my mind that became never stopping. All I knew was that it was my fault she got kidnapped.

In the midst of my thoughts there came a knock at my door. With a hazy gaze I turn my head to it. It was late into the night, who had the courage or the stupidity to come knocking on my door?

"Name and business," I gruffle out before taking another swig.

"Um—Petra, sir. I know it's late but there is something important I must tell you."

The memory of me kissing her flooded my mind. Truly I never meant to lay my lips upon her but I had lost it that night. I was frustrated and was in need of way to letting it out. I grimace at the thought with another sip.

"Enter." I cross my legs while lazily holding the cup by the rim. Petra enters wearing a simple grey shirt and black leggings. I eye her apparel with a scrunched nose. I say nothing as I turn my attention back to her face. "So? What is it?" I ask bluntly.

I notice how her brows crinkle at my tone before asserting her gaze to the coffee table before me.

"I never knew the Captain was a drinker." I follow her gaze and stare blankly at the whiskey bottle atop the wooden surface. It was half empty and I was starting to feel the side-effects from it.

"Ask your question, Petra." I demand. "As you can see, I'm not in the mood."

"It's because of Emma's disappearance, correct?" I hold her haughty gaze, slightly surprised she aimed it at me. When did she possess the guts to stare me down like that? When I don't answer she merely shrugs with a small sigh. "I don't understand it," she murmurs. "I don't understand how you care so much about her when she's been nothing but a nuisance to you."  

I click my tongue knowing where this will lead. If she was planning to shit-talk about Emma then she had another thing coming.

"Take that back."

The words stumbled out of me. It was like animalistic growl. My teeth were gritting together and my grip upon my glass was becoming tighter.

I throw her the darkest glare I could muster. In an instant Petra had stiffen before me. But it didn't stop her, it only led her to steal her core and neutralize her expression.

Risk [Levi Ackerman]✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें