Thirty Three

Why did everything hurt? And why did it feel like my head was about to explode?

I groan in displeasure and turn onto my stomach. I bury my head into my pillow in hopes of drowning out the pain but, it only made things worse.

"Fuuck."

Twisting my head to my side it took much needed effort to open my eyes. The task itself was taxing and made everything hurt twice as more. I found myself lazily staring at a crème-colored wall and dark wooden floors.

The window before me was open allowing the sunlight to be casted inside. I hissed at the brightness and turn away. I was on my bed, that much I knew.

I stare at the tousled white sheets and pillows. I realized I was not covered in them as they were kicked to the right side of the bed. When I smacked my mouth all I could taste was bitterness and the smell a foul of alcohol crinkled my nose.

God, how much did I drink? With much effort I rose to a sitting position. I take a good look around the room.

The bed was a mess, I figured it was the way I was sprawled upon it. I grazed my eyes to the right side of the bed. On the floor there lay my knee high boots.

They were placed neatly by the foot of the bed. I quirk a brow, I don't remember placing them there. On top of that, I don't even remember coming home.

The memories of last night were hazy and when I try to remember it just made everything hurt even more. A loud clanking sound interrupts my thoughts and I cringe at the pounding response my head gave.

"The hell?" I stare at door in confusion. Was I not alone? I linger on the bed for a moment before stumbling towards the door.

I wasn't sure what to expect, or who to expect. Slowly, I twist the knob and push the door. Everything was so bright, it hurt my eyes.

I squinted them and groan at the aching pain. I even could feel a small breeze coming from the windows on my right.

"So, you're finally up? Took you long enough, brat."

Hearing that deep, scolding voice brought a cool chill down my spine. I knew all too well who it was and yet, I didn't want to know. With my vision finally adjusting I see a short man standing in the kitchen.

He was pouring something into a cup. He wore his uniform but discarded the leather jacket. I swallow thickly with one thing ringing in my mind; why was he here?

Levi finally puts down the kettle and looks at me. His hair seemed disheveled and covered a part of his forehead.

"Deemed it wise to sleep till two in the afternoon after the fun you had last night?"

I couldn't understand his words, they jumbled all the thoughts inside me. It even brought dread to my core.

"Wha-what are you talking about?" My voice was hoarse like I screamed a lot. Even my throat felt dry.

Grabbing a cup he crosses his arm underneath the other while leaning against the counter. I wasn't sure what he was implying. I guessed my puzzled state amused him. He gestures his cup to me with a smirk slowly taking over his lips.

"I suggest you cover yourself," he suggests. "I'm in no mood to stare at your body today."

Confused, my eyes immediately dart down to my body. I gasp in horror at the sight. Thankfully I still had my pants on but my upper body was exposed.

My shirt was unbuttoned completely allowing Levi to stare at me with his heart's content. It brought a sickening feeling to my stomach.

"I'm surprised a woman like you wears lacy undergarments," I hear him muse. I violently turn around and frantically button up the shirt. Embarrassment starts to drown me making me wish I could find some hole to die in.