72

Chapter 72 How could It be Natalie?!

After Natalie woke up, she didn’t want to sleep anymore, and she… dared not sleep anymore.

Afraid of dreaming about that person again.

She switched on all the lights that could light up in the small house, and the lights turned on one by one, gradually making the rooms brighter.

It seemed like turning on the light could make her less lonely, but could it really do that?

Natalie walked slowly towards the courtyard of the small house, which was filled with green plants, lush flowers and trees. It was quiet and peaceful. She gazed up at the sky.

In the pitch-black sky, there were trillions of stars, so many stars, and they were so bright, yet so far away.

Like Henry, he brought her light but left her. He was so far away from her like those stars that she could no longer reach… ..

Natalie recollected that day.

“The phone said there was a meteor shower tonight, and I’ve found a good place. Let’s watch the meteor shower together tonight!” She said to Henry.

She hadn’t seen a meteor, it was the first meteor she had seen. But it was also the last one…

With a gentle smile, Henry replied indulgently, “Okay. Let’s watch the shooting stars.”

A shooting star with a long tail-like blue phosphorescence drew a long arc in the night sky. It was incredibly

beautiful.

She would never forget the shooting stars that night.

When the first meteor fell, she excitedly grabbed Henry’s arm and said, “Fantastic!”

Henry turned around and fixed his gaze on her, staring blankly. “Yeah. So beautiful,” he said.

He was talking about her.

The meteor shower was gradually coming to an end.

She realized something was amiss.

“Henry.” She looked at Henry and whispered his name.

“Hmm?” Henry replied, his eyes gentle.

“You need to make a wished when you see a shooting star.”

“Close your eyes quickly!”

She poked Henry’s shoulder with a bit of anger. How could he watch the meteor shower and not make a wish? She had already made it!

Henry was helpless. He gently shook his head and said, This doesn’t make sense.’

“No. It does make sense. It works!” She retorted.

“Okay, maybe I’ll make a wish, “Henry looked at her with a spoiled smile.

What wish did you make?”

“Alright. I won’t ask any more. If you express your wish, it won’t work.” Henry was about to speak when she interrupted him.

Natalie emerged from her memories, tears filling her eyes again unconsciously.

She still remembered the wish she made that day.

“I hope Henry will be my star, the eternal star.”

Natalie looked up again at the sky; the stars were flickering.

The next morning, the courtyard was filled with the sound of birds singing.