The Boy in Blue

Marco yawned as he woke up, scratching his head and putting a foot on the ground before getting out of bed. He groaned a bit and stretched. He looked around his room briefly, happy to see it still clean like he wanted.

He sighed and made his way to the bathroom to start brushing his teeth and have a quick morning shower.

Not long after, Marco had finished changing into his red hoodie and jeans. He grabbed his backpack and began walking downstairs. His mom Angela and dad Rafael were having breakfast together at the dining table.

Angela: hey, sweetie!

Rafael: good morning, mijo

They both smiled as they saw him.

Marco: hey, mom. Hey, dad. I'd love to stay and have breakfast with you guys, but I gotta get to the dojo early.

He grabbed a piece of toast

Marco: bye! Love you!

Angela: Marco! Your lunch!

She said as she tossed a bag to him, which he jumped and caught, landing neatly on the ground. He then put on his headphones.

Today would probably be no different from any other day. But that wasn't exactly a bad thing. Things in Echo Creek were peaceful.

He began playing some nice music as he walked down the street.

'I know I'm not that tall~'

He waved to the mail man.

'I know I'm not that smart~'

He pet a stray dog as he walked by.

'But let me drive my van into your heart~'

He began to put a little pep in his step as the beat picked up.

'But let me drive my van into your hearrrt~'

He slowed down to stare at Jackie-Lynn Thomas as she skateboarded by. His cheeks turned a little red as he tried to play it cool.

'I know I'm not that rich~'

Once she passed, he calmed down and smiled as he continued to walk down the sidewalk.

'I'm trying to get my start~'

He side stepped a puddle, humming along.

'So let me drive my van into your heart~'

He finally reached the strip mall and opened the doors.

'Let me drive my van into your heart~'

He opened the doors.

"Sensei! Im here." - Marco

"Great! Help me set up the training dummies." - Brantley

He said as Marco nodded, taking his shoes off before getting on the mat to help.
||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~
Today was mostly more of the same. But...that guy, Aster. He was...different. He couldn't quite place his finger on it. Perhaps it was the weird markings on his cheeks? Or the fact he wasn't from Echo Creek?

Regardless, he wanted to learn more about him. Maybe even be friends. He seemed friendly enough. Definitely easier to get along with than Jeremy...

Jeremy may only be 12, but he was the incarnation of evil! That little asshole always found some way to cheat and beat him in tournaments. But one day, he'd beat that punk and nothing would be between him and the black belt!

He said this to himself mentally as he smiled and continued to walk. He briefly glanced into an alleyway to see a goat monster coming out of a portal. Ah, damn goat monsters. Someone should really do something about them.