Hawaii Adventures - Part 5: Where You Belong

Aster had finally gotten Gantu to open up over the last few days. Gantu had been raised by his tough as nails father. And while Gantu spoke of him highly, he didn't seem to realize that his father was verbally and emotionally abusive.

In fact, the only times when Gantu seemed happy in his life was when he used to play the space version of football. It was something he got genuine praise for because of his own skill. But that obviously didn't last.

But Gantu wasn't a total lost cause. He was able to start enjoying Earth things and, very rarely, joined the rest of the group for lunch. Though he and Stitch usually ended up fighting.

Speaking of, Stitch was proving to be a completely different being than Jumba created him for. He was developing hobbies, having fun with Lilo, learning new things, and even started to enjoy building things. He usually destroyed them for fun, but still. He hadn't gone on a rampage since he met Lilo.

However, good things don't last forever.

Jumba privately informed Aster that the Galactic Federation was sending a small armada to retrieve Stitch. If they couldn't convince them that Stitch was better now, they'd either have to give him up or fight .

When the rest of the group was informed, they had...varying reactions. Lilo cried and insisted they prove he was good. Pleakley was surprisingly on Stitch's side and agreed with Lilo. Gantu...didn't care a whole lot. But he did care about Aster and Lilo, so he advised them to avoid fighting. The armada was something Earth wouldn't be able to fight back against.

So, when the armada finally arrived, Aster and the group prepared everything they had to convince them.
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
The group of aliens, plus Aster, Lilo, and Nani stood on the beach as they watched a huge red ship land in the water. From it, a bunch of aliens emerged with guns at the ready. Among them was the Grand Council Woman. An old blue alien woman that looked quite elegant.

"Secure the experiment!"

One of the guards shouted as they put Stitch's hands in their version of hand cuffs. Lilo tried to stop them but Nani held her back.

"It seems you succeeded in the capture of experiment 626, Captain Gantu." - Council Woman

She said as she approached the group.

"Actually, I didn't-" - Gantu

"He didn't capture anyone. I captured him, actually." - Aster

Aster said.

"...and you are?" - GCW

"Aster. A representative of Earth. I understand that 626 is dangerous. But he's changed." - A

"That's correct! 626 has exhibited new behavior-" - Jumba

"Shush! We wouldn't be in this situation if you didnt create 626 in the first place-!" - GCW

"Stitch. My name is Stitch." - Stitch

He said in near perfect English. The whole group look at Stitch in shock.

"You can talk?" - A & Lilo & Nani

"Yes. Does Stitch have to go in the ship?" - Stitch

The Grand Council Woman was...shocked. But she nodded.

"Can Stitch say goodbye?" - Stitch

She nodded again, watching curiously as Stitch hugged Jumba, Pleakley, Aster, and then Lilo and Nani.

"...who are you?" - GCW

The Stitch in front of her was nothing like the wild animal she'd met before.

"I am Stitch. This." - Stitch

He gestured to his friends.

"This is my family. It's little, and a little broken, but still good." - Stitch

He said, looking at all of his friends, including Gantu, who was surprised by his inclusion. But...he didn't mind it.

"Ma'am, does he really have to go?" - Pleakley

He asked, hoping for another solution.

"You know as well as I that our laws absolute. Even I cannot change what the council has decided." - GCW

She seemed to feel a bit guilty as Stitch prepared to say his goodbyes as Lilo cried.

"Wait! If he's too dangerous for you to leave him alone, then what if you sentenced him to banishment to Earth? He won't be able to leave the planet, and we'll watch over him. He'll never cause you trouble again." - A

He pleaded. The Grand Council Woman could see the determination in his eyes...

"...take note. This creature has been sentence to life in exile. A sentence that shall be carried out on Earth. And as guardians of the prisoner, Earth is now under the protection of the United Galactic Federation. We'll be sure to check in now and then." - GCW

Lilo smiled as she and Stitch hugged. He could stay, and Earth would be his permanent home.

"As for the rest of you, it seems your all where you want to be..." - GCW

She said while looking at Pleakley, Jumba, and Gantu. Pleakley and Jumba seemed more than happy to stay, and Gantu...was willing to give it a chance.

"Captain Gantu, I hereby order you to stay on Earth and act as our representative. Take care of yourself." - GCW

Gantu nodded with a small smile as she boarded her ship and left with her guards a moment later.

With that, it seemed the aliens needed a new home. And Aster knew just where to put them.

Lilo's second wish was to make her sister happy. And Aster fulfilled that wish by completely renovating their home to have enough room for Jumba, Pleakley, and Stitch. Gantu would leave in his ship near a waterfall, so he could have some alone time and get used to his new home at his own pace.

Nani was officially hired by Section Thirteen as an alien caretaker. Her only job duties were to make sure the aliens don't cause trouble. Which meant Lilo and Stitch would get to spend all the time in the world together, and Nani would have a bigger family to care for.

When Aster finally returned to Section Thirteen, he gave a full report about everything. Though he didn't mention the part about having a direct connection to the Galactic Federation. He had a feeling that there would be people who'd want to abuse that kind of power.

But for now, it seemed like everyone had found where they belonged. Including Aster.