Team Upgrades

Aster had been hard at work at work at making upgrades for his team. He figured they'd eventually take in new people, or come across other teams. And Aster wanted them to be strong. Strong enough to give Aster a good fight.

So he started with Jade. Aster was big on themes, and since Jade chose 'Black Cat' as her codename, he wanted to lean into that.

But she already had powers, and he couldn't exactly give her dark powers. But he did remember that black cats were considered unlucky. What else was unlucky? That cursed emerald he had contained.

And while the idea of transferring the power to Jade and helping her control it seemed simple, it wasn't. First he'd need to extract the curse and safely store it in Jade's body, followed by altering the curse so it could be controlled and directed.

So he consulted the four people who might know a thing or two on curses and magic. Eclipsa, Lo Pei, Uncle, and Tom.

Eclipsa's recommendation was to study how the curse was created and then recreating it with a new purpose.

Lo Pei warned him that curses were tricky business, but he did share his experience and encounters with curses. It was limited, but very helpful.

Uncle was highly against even keeping the emerald around. But he did have a Chi spell or two in his collection that was able to help.

And finally, Tom. He was the most helpful because he had access to all kinds of books on curses. Some of them were strange, such as the NaySay Curse. But he did get the general idea of what he wanted to do.

He started by having Tom help him set up a ritual in a secure room. Then he put the emerald in the center before starting the spell, using a combination of demonic magic, good Chi magic, and his own magic to extract the curse.

When he did, the emerald shattered into a bunch of tiny pieces as a glowing ball of wicked green energy floated out. Aster then started to slowly peel away at the curse.

He reduced it down to its two core traits. It's power source and it's misfortune. Then he began to add his own traits. Such as bonding with someone, and instead of bringing them misfortune, it would project that misfortune to others.

He had no idea how that misfortune would manifest, but still. He stored the new and improved curse in a ring and gave it to Jade, allowing her to absorb it. She'd need time to get used to it and learn how to properly use it, but still. It was a power boost.
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
Next up on the list was Jackie. He needed a more diverse set of attacks. And Aster knew exactly where to get them.

The Scroll of Hung Chao contained not just one glyph, but four in total. The Glyph of Power, the Glyph of Animation, the Glyph of Wind, and finally, the Glyph of Levitation. 

Two of these had similar powers to the talismans, just on a lower level. For example, the Glyph of Animation had to be drawn or engraved on something to bring it to life first. And even then, it would be akin to a robot. No personality, no memory, just a hollow shell. The Rat Talisman was far superior.

The Levitation Talisman gave the most basic form of, not very quick, flight. While the Rooster Talisman also gave telekinesis.

The other two glyphs granted energy blasts and the ability to produce wind blasts and small tornadoes. So he engraved the Wind Glyph into Jackie's armor, specifically in the palms and feet. So he could attack without hurting someone, and to boost his flight speed.

He also officially put Jackie in charge of leading Jade, Viper, and Tohru. So if they'd ever went on a mission while he was out, Jackie would be ready to take command.
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
Viper was a stealth expert and thief. Her training mostly consisted of practicing with different animal forms, as well as placing items in hard to reach areas and then stealing them. Such as giving Jade a ring to guard, and then trying to steal it without alerting her.

However, Aster knew she had more potential. So he had her start turning her hands into weapons. But that was only half of what was needed for the ability. She needed to be able to know how to use the weapons, too.

For example, turning her arms into squid tentacles and using them like whips. Or turning her fingers into daggers. And while paper may not be sharpest, paper cuts still sting.

And her gorilla form could easily kick Jackie's ass if she got a few good hits in. So learning how to use weapons would just expand her arsenal.

He ultimately decided on giving her an enchanted whip for when she isn't using her origami powers. The whip could generate electricity and stun an opponent, maybe even knock them out if her attack is effective enough.
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
Yeti + Full Control

And finally, Xu Lin. She was adapting surprisingly quick to the world that was once unrecognizable to her. And the Chans had basically adopted her at this point. It really helped that she and Jade were so close.

And with Kim around, Xu Lin was able to start learning about pop culture and fashion. However, she didn't let the world around her change who she was at her core. She was still respectful and worked hard. Though she didn't mind enjoying new things.

As for her powers, it did take her some time to accept her other half. She was like their team's The Hulk. The power she had represented the many years she spent trapped in the Lotus Temple for a long time. But she jumped right into training for the sake of not hurting her friends.

And eventually, with therapy and lots of love, she began to learn and accept the power as her own. She wasn't bound to the Lotus Temple anymore. When she transformed, it was because she chose to transform.

With Lo Pei's spiritual guidance and her determination, she eventually reached a point where she was fully conscious and in control of her yeti form. And from there, she had to learn to let loose during training sessions.

So Caster set her up with a few of his Tank Androids, ones that would actively fight back and learn from her attacks. That should give her the push she needed to utilize all her strength. Though he did think that he could do more to strengthen her...

But for now, this would have to be enough.