Infinite Power - Part 2: Eternity

"...yeah, right!" - A

He used the pen to stab Shendu/Valmont in the eye and kick him down the steps leading up to the Book of Ages.

"YOU UNGRATEFUL INSECT!! ILL KILL YOU!!" - Shendu/Valmont

He shouted in pure rage as he began to spew dragon flames at Aster, who quickly grabbed the Book of Ages, closed it, and jumped out of the way. The pedestal for the book was destroyed in the explosion, creating a big enough smoke screen for Aster to make a run for it.

He began to hide among the ruined pillars of the temple while Shendu/Valmont screamed threats and swore revenge. Aster looked down at the book in his hands, which had shrunk down so he could carry it.

'What the fuck do I write in here?!' - A

He thought to himself, still able to hear the sounds of the rampaging Shendu/Valmont. If he wrote Shendu out of existence, he would've never met a lot of his friends, including Lo Pei, Captian Black, Toro & Pako, Viper, and Kaplan.

He thought about killing Shendu, the same way he killed Toffee. But killing Toffee was something he didn't have time to think about. And he'd felt guilty over it.

Could he actively choose to kill someone?...

And then he got an idea...

Aster unscrewed the top of his wand, revealing a pen of his own, laced with magic instead of ink. He opened up the book to its most recent page, which was describing what he was doing right now. And he began to write.

'And as Shendu rampaged, his soul was miraculously banished back to the Demon Realm, freeing Valmont.' - A

He finished the sentence, right as Shendu/Valmont caught him. He managed to blast Aster head on with dragon flames just before Shendu's screaming soul was sent back to the depths of his own personal hell.
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|

Aster woke up after...well, who knows how much time has passed. He felt his entire body in excruciating pain. But regardless, he forced himself to get up.

His vision was blurry, but he could just vaguely make out the form of a passed out Valmont, who was bleeding from one of his eyes. Aster limped his way over to him and began to drag him back to where the portal first dropped him off, growing increasingly weaker the whole time.

Aster passed out right as he reached it. He just barely missed the reopening of the portal. But he did somewhat feel Lo Pei's arms pulling him through to safety.
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
3 Months Later...

Aster's recovery had been a very painful process. It was a mix of modern medicine and Chi healing for the first week, with the rest of the time being spent on Mewni once Jade figured out how to use Aster's dimensional scissors to get him home.

Valmont had apparently been taken to a normal hospital. It was assumed that the enforcers picked him up from there.

Aster was almost fully back to peak condition, though he couldn't fully exert himself quite yet. And he got a new scar on one of his hands. But instead of being upset about it, Aster embraced it as part of him. Like Grandma Comet said, the journey would leave a scar. His scars were just a reminder of where he'd been.

Aster was finally able to return to Section Thirteen and pick up the burnt clothes he'd been wearing during his fight with Shendu.

"Thanks for cleaning them for me, Jackie." - A

"Don't mention it! Oh, and this was in your pocket." - JC

He pulled out a miniature book.

The Book of Ages.

'How'd that get in there...' - A

He thought to himself as he accepted it. Once he was alone again on Mewni, the book expanded to properly fit in his hands.

Aster read through some of the pages, reading about his past adventures in more detail than he could ever write himself. He considered what to do with it.

'I could use it to get more power...or destroy the Demon Realm...' - A

He then thought about Glossaryck. He was similar to the Book of Ages. Except Glossaryck could express his opinion on what the Book of Spells was used for. The Book of Ages couldn't. Atleast...not yet...
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|

Eternity.

That was the best name for a being like him. He'd existed for as long as time itself. He only ever existed for the purpose of documentation. And yet, time and time again, he was used against his will to change reality. Most times, for the worst.

But right when he thought it would happen again, and the Demon Sorcerer would emerge victorious, an anomaly appeared.

Aster Butterfly.

He stopped Shendu from changing reality. And rather than fighting fire with fire, Aster chose to be selfless and not just save himself, but Valmont as well.

So, with a bit of luck, Eternity had slipped into his pocket after Aster passed out. He wanted to see if Aster would use him for good. And if not...well, there were forces who would stop him.

And to his surprise, Aster didn't immediately abuse his power. Instead, he gave Eternity a life of his own using the Book of Ages. And so, for the first time since the Dawn of time, Eternity had a voice.
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|

Aster watched as the Book of Ages glowed and a small golden man emerged from the pages. He was dressed like a monk with red robes, with glowing white eyes.

"...hello." - Eternity

"Hi." - A

He said, unsure of what to think of the person in front of him.

"I am your creation. And yet, I am not your creation. I existed before you, and at the same time, my existence has only begun." - Eternity

"...because...your power came before, and your body came after?" - A

He said, trying to figure it out. Eternity nodded.

"Got it...well, I wanted to ask. What should I do with you?" - A

"Whatever you want." - Eternity

Aster felt...unsatisfied with that answer.

"What do you think I should use you for?" - A

Eternity looked a little surprised. Nobody ever asked him what he wanted to be used for. He had to think about it for a moment before answering.

"...to change the past." - Eternity

"...that sounds crazy dangerous, little man." - A

He said in a stern tone.

"I don't meant the history you mean. The past, present, and future have all happened, are happening, and will happen. I exist to document the past and present. And I can see where the future will go. I've existed long enough to see the warning signs of danger." - Eternity

"...is something bad going to happen?" - A

He asked cautiously.

"Many things will happen, are happening, and have happened. Changing the past is indeed dangerous. So, we must look to the future. I can guide you to where you are needed most." - Eternity

Aster looked surprised and thought about it before agreeing. He couldn't keep an eye on everything everywhere all at once, but Eternity could. He was lucky to have found Jackie. But with Eternity, he would be alerted whenever he was needed. But he did have his suspicions...

"What's in it for you?" - A

"It's simple. I wish to be entertained. Seeing you push against the forces of the unknown would be most entertaining." - Eternity

Aster didn't exactly like that answer. But...well, atleast it was better than Glossaryck, who was always cryptic about his motives. If he even had any at all.

"Alright. Let's change the future." - A

He and Eternity shook hands.