Hawaii Adventures - Part 3: Wanna Be Friends?

Aster had convinced Jumba and Pleakley to atleast try and reform the little beast. He may have broken a few intergalactic laws when he escaped his cell, but he hadn't killed anyone yet and was still young. There was a chance he could change.

"This is bad idea." - Jumba

He warned as he tinkered in the lab. Pleakley was reading books about human children and behavioral therapy.

"We have to try!" - A

He said while dragging the little beast into one of the containment rooms where he'd set up all kinds of things. A bed, toys, books, etc.

"Come on! I'm just trying to help you!" - A

He said before finally using magic to levitate the little beast into the air and throw him into the containment room. He immediately started to go on a rampage, and began to tear everything apart.

"Told you." - Jumba

He said while drinking a cup of coffee.

"We haven't even started yet. Pleakley, got any suggestions?" - A

"These books say music can help keep a baby calm." - Pleakley

"626 is not baby. He is destroyer!" - Jumba

"He's a living being, and he doesn't have to be tied down to what you created him for." - A

He said while typing on a computer to get music to start playing through the containment room speakers. Rock music seemed to only fuel his rampage, pop music annoyed him, classical music did seem to help, but after an hour, he found the perfect type of music. Elvis.

It didn't immediately make him stop rampaging, but it did make him slow down, which was enough for now...
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
Over the next few days, Aster felt what it was like being a parent. Whenever he tried to feed the little beast, he'd throw the food in his face and laugh. When he tried to sleep, he'd get woken up by the little beast's midnight rampage. And he'd constantly have to use magic to fix the beast's room every morning.

However, there was progress. The little beast was growing fond of Elvis and the Elvis poster Aster got for him was the only thing he refused to destroy. And he no longer tried to attack any of them. He'd usually just growl at Pleakley to scare him for a good laugh.

Speaking of, Pleakley was getting a full Earth education courtesy of children's learning games. He seemed to really enjoy learning about Earth, especially the culture and fashion. Aster sometimes saw him trying on some of Ivy's lab coats and restyling them to be more fashionable, so he gave Pleakley a whole closet of clothes of various feminine styles.

As for Jumba, he was starting to believe that the little beast could indeed change. Not to the extent that Aster hoped, but he did think that the little beast could learn how to channel his destructive instincts. He spent most of his time eating, drinking coffee, watching old cartoons, or building stuff that Aster didn't understand.
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
Aster eventually began to understand more about the little beast. He seemed lonely. His love for Elvis wasn't just for the music, but also because people loved Elvis. He wanted to be loved too.

'I could try to give him a friend...' - A

He considered. But he was interrupted when he got a call from Captain Black.

"What's up?" - A

"Progress report. Have you found the alien?" - Black

"Aliens. Three. And yeah, I have them. They're all pretty friendly." - A

He described the three aliens to Black as well as what their jobs were. Black was, justifiably, worried about the little beast. But he trusted Aster to take care of him.

"Anyways, we've been getting reports about another alien in Hawaii. Some giant whale man." - Black

"A whale? Sounds familiar...I'll check it out." - A

Aster recalled Pleakley talking about the Captain of the Galactic Federation. If they failed their mission or took too long, the Galactic Federation would send him to personally retrieve 626.

'How do I set a trap for a giant whale...' - A
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
Captain Gantu had worked tirelessly the last few days to find the targets. Jumba, Pleakley, and the trog (alien insult) experiment. And yet, nothing.

His ship confirmed all three should be on the island, but he found nothing. He even interrogated a few of the locals, but found nothing. But while doing another patrol, he finally found it. The trog!
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
Aster, in butterfly form, had set up an illusion of the little beast digging through the trash and sat in wait. It was only a matter of time until Gantu showed up. And just as he hoped, he did.

The eight food tall giant whale-man came up behind the illusion and pointed some kind of gun at it.

"Found you."

Gantu said with a smile, only for that smile to quickly turn into a look of confusion as a portal opened up under him and dropped him into a containment cell. Aster smiled as he returned to his normal form before looking down and seeing a small local girl staring at him.

"...are you a wizard?" - Lilo

The little girl asked while carrying a strange looking doll that looked hand made. Aster looked around for the child's guardian but found nobody.

"Uh...yeah, I am. Why? You gonna snitch on me?" - A

He asked while kneeling down to her level. She shook her head.

"I can keep a secret. Can you grant me a wish?" - Lilo

"Im not a genie, but...sure. Why not?" - A

"I wish for a friend. And for my sister to be happy." - Lilo

She said while hugging her doll. Aster expected her to wish for something like toys or candy. But instead, she made not one but two selfless wishes...

"...Y'know what, I think I can grant both of those wishes. Come with me." - A

He opened up a portal back to the lab and brought Lilo with him. He'd bring her back soon.

While taking her to the little beast's cell, he learned a lot about Lilo. She and her sister, Nani, were orphans. Nani was her legal guardian and was juggling parenting and a job, and struggling. Though she still did her best and the two sisters loved each other dearly.

Lilo did feel guilty though. She was different from other kids. Weird, odd, unusual. And they treated her like a freak for it, even though Lilo just wanted to be their friend. And everytime she got in trouble or acted out, Nani would usually pay for it. It wasn't uncommon for her to lose her job for Lilo's sake.

Aster felt deep sympathy for Lilo and her sister. So he swore to do whatever he could to help them. They seemed like good people.
|~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~|
The little beast was in his room, drawing doodles of other things. Elvis, Aster, and whatever animal Pleakley tried to teach him about. While he was drawing, the door to his room opened and Aster came in with a little human girl. The little beast tilted his head in curiosity.

"He's not from around here, but he's just like you." - A

He explained. Lilo nodded as she hesitantly approached the little beast. She extended her hand to him.

"Wanna be friends?" - Lilo