The Dragon Knights

During the fight with Shendu, Aster had captured three living dragons and the corpses of two dead ones. He, of course, wanted to study them. If he could somehow tame the living dragons or atleast find uses for the dead ones, it could boost the strength of his people.

So he began with gathering up the three smartest scientists he knew. Emerald, Ivory, and Kaplan. Emerald and Ivory almost immediately agreed to join the research project, since neither had ever seen a dragon and wanted to study it.

Ivory wanted to examine its biology while Emerald wanted to test its magical capabilities. Kaplan was another story. The existence of magic had already been proven to him a long time ago, but what interested him most was the dimensional scissors.

The power to open stabilized rifts between dimensions! He agreed to join the project on the condition he get to spend a day experimenting with Aster's dimensional scissors, which he agreed.

The first round of testing consisted of them examining the dragon corpses and dismantling them. Aster and Ivory were studying the anatomy of the dragons and examining everything, from their muscle tissue to the scales.

Kaplan and Emerald were taking blood samples from both the living and dead dragons, and then studying the dragon parts. Kaplan was testing his lasers against the dragon scales to determine how much heat they could handle, and how much that heat would have to be concentrated to damage it.

Emerald was testing the magical properties of the dragon teeth, as well as the special organs used for the dragon flames. She determined that the dragon teeth, and the bones themselves in general, were the most magically reinforced part of the dragon.

If combined with her alchemy, she could potentially use those bones to create a rejuvenation potion. Though she'd still be missing a few key ingredients. Though this was still a big step forward. The heart of the dragons were also incredibly efficient with producing and distributing the dragon's magical energy.

Ivory and Aster were working on the dragon's anatomy. They took notes, samples, and even created charts. They started with the surface layer.

The scales.

Each scale was about seven inches and shaped like a tear drop. The durability of the scales ranged depending on where they came from. The most durable scales were around the chest and brain, while the weakest were around the feet and tail. Their heat resistance also varied, but all were still useful.

The wings.

The wings were easily larger than the dragon's bodies, and resembled that of a bat. However, they were a big weak spot. One good hit through the leathery wings and the dragon wouldn't be able to fly. Ivy noted down that they should look into reinforcing the wings of the dragons, if they were successful in taming them.

The bones.

The dragon bones were filled with the dragon's Chi, though most of it was concentrated in the heart. Aster and Ivory tested a few and discovered they were hollow, like that of a bird, which is how these heavy beasts were able to fly.

The head.

The entirety of the head was incredibly valuable. The eyes, teeth, and brain could be used in alchemy to amplify the effects of potions, the skull for a helmet, and the muscle tissue. With a few tests, they were able to confirm that the dragons had enough strength in their jaws to break bones instantly.

As for the living dragons, they were harder to test. Aster could sense Dark Chi inside their bodies, which made sense. They served a demon sorcerer, after all. But if he could extract that Chi and replace it with his own...