2

While rushing down the stairs, I feel a sense of guilt about what I said to Deon. I definitely wanted to apologize about it the next time I seen him.

I opened the front door while grabbing a set of keys that hung on the wall nearby. Once I'm outside I lock the door and make my way off of the porch steps. I sprint towards Amber's yellow slug bug immediately, gesturing her to unlock the door.

"Where's Deon?" She asks.

"We got into it and he didn't wanna chill with Adrian today. Apparently they hung out yesterday."

"Oh damn, they did didn't they?" She puts her car in drive. "They hang out more than we do," she says, beginning to accelerate away from my house.

I laugh because it was true. Deon and Adrian met in elementary school. Amber and I met each other just by the amount of times we had to drop one of them off to eachother's house's.
The day we met was special. I had dropped off Deon and she invited me in for the first time. We clicked every since that day. It had been from the 7th grade to the 11th for us, and from the 5th to the 9th for Deon and Adrian.

"What did you bring for us?" I ask her as we began driving on the empty road.

"Nothing special, just..." she reaches for the bag under my feet and tosses it into my lap.

"Open it," she smirks.

I look at her suspiciously and unzip the small bag, gasping when I saw what was sealed inside. "Weed?" I sigh. "You know I don't smoke. Where did you get this from?"

"DJ chill. It's for the party. You can't be completely sober there, I mean honestly where's the fun in that?"

I throw the bag back on the floor. "I'd rather have food. I'm not smoking that and you know it."

"Look, you're 16 and you've never hit a joint. You need to expand your horizons."

"No Amber, stop trying to peer pressure me. It's bad enough you dragged me to this party with you."

"Well don't act like you weren't interested in going whore," she rolls her eyes.

"I wasnt!" I tell her, even though a very small part of me was.

"But you're in my car though...letting me take you to the party. Shut up Dj," she says making a hard turn into some nice looking houses. She had a point.

Cars were littered down the wide streets of the neighborhood while teens were scattered across a pool area. I could tell what house we were going too just by the amount of people hanging around it holding plastic red cups. The bass of the music was so intense you could hear it from miles away. It looked fun, for a minute I'm glad I came.

Until we got out of the car.

"Oh look who decided to show up," a voice catches my attention and it makes my skin crawl.
Destiny and her little crew. They had been lounging next to a street light blowing smoke from their noses. I didn't even notice them when we pulled in.

"Were you just waiting for us to arrive Destiny? Like when will ya'll leave us alone? Amber, we're not even in school anymore and these hoes still find a way to stalk us," Amber laughs at me, shaking her head in annoyance. "I don't think they can get enough of us Dj. I think they might have missed us actually," she says applying lipgloss to her lips. "How has your summer been Destiny?"

"Don't flatter yourself bitches. We were just waiting for our man's to come get us. Y'all would know about that right? Having a man to pick you up? Or are you both too busy eating each other's coochie's to find one?" Destiny smirks, making her minions laugh with her as well.