62.

Me calling her wasn't an option after the petty shit we had just went through. After my mother told me I could go, I dialed an Uber from her phone and deleted the app instantly, which resulted in me waiting in front of my house for almost an hour.

The Uber had pulled up. I looked in suspiciously to make sure it wasn't an older man, because if it was I wouldn't have gotten in the car. This was the first time I had been in one of these and the thought of driving with a stranger already bugged me.

It was a man, but he didn't look old. He had to be in his early 20's. He was Mexican I could tell. He made eye contact with me instantly, rolling his window down.

"Dj?" He asked before unlocking his doors.

"Yeah..." I said unsurely. I did a quick prayer before opening the door to his Jeep.

"I don't bite," he grinned before rolling his windows up. "This must be your first time?"

"Mhm," I mumbled while buckling my seatbelt. I closed my legs and crossed my arms tightly.

"Alright," he shook his head when he seen me look out of the window. "Well luckily I know a short cut to where you're going ma'am. I'll get you out of here quicker than expected,"

"Hopefully," I showed him a fake smile.

"Uhm, you have anything you'd wanna hear? You can plug your phone up to my stereo,"

"No, just take me to where I need to go please," I said quietly. I didn't wanna come off as a bitch because he seemed like a genuine person. I just didn't like the fact that we weren't driving yet.

"As you wish," he told me, starting his car up again.

We began to drive, it was peaceful until he turned on a radio station that only consisted of Spanish rapping. It was funny the way Mexicans cursed in Spanish. I tried not to laugh by turning my body completely towards the window, praying that he didn't notice me trying to hold myself together.

"You alright?" He asked, looking in his rear view mirror.

"I just need some air is all," I say gulping. "Could you roll your window down? It's um...a bit hot,"

"No problem," he said, pressing a button to roll both of his back seat windows down.

He seemed to be going the right ways so far. I remembered exactly where the apartments were from the last time Amber drove me to there. It seemed as if that night happened so long ago when it hadn't even been 2 months yet. Our lives had been changing so fast.

"You look a bit young to be going to an apartment complex party," the man spoke.

"I've gone to one of these before with one of my friends, I'll be fine,"

"It's none of my business, I just would hate to see anything happen to one of my customers after I dropped them off somewhere. You wouldn't believe where people go these days,"

"I can't imagine," I say.

The ride gets quiet again, and I lean back in my seat, starting to wonder if me showing up to this party was a good idea.

***

*Jayon's P.O.V*

It had been the same old when I pulled into the apartment complexes for a party I had been too familiar with. It was like I couldn't stay away from this area.

Amira had been standing in the front with 2 other girls, laughing dramatically. I wanted to just be able to walk in without saying anything to her but I knew that wouldn't happen.

"Jayon!" She chirped, pulling my wrist to her and her group. Her friends looked at me up and down, one of them bit her lip while the other played with her hair.

"This is Laci and Serena," she told me eagerly. I could tell she was drunk.

"Is he the boy you've been talking about?" The lip biter asks.

"Oh um," she slurs. "Some what,"

"What have you been saying Amira?" I asked her, pulling her hand from my wrist.

"Oh nothing Jayon. I um... nothing,"

"She said she still-" The lip biter who I'll assume was Laci, began but the girl next to her held her hand to her mouth to stop her from speaking.

I roll my eyes. I was having enough female drama and I didn't need more. I began to walk away from them, hearing Amira say "We'll talk later,"

I did wanna talk to her but not while she had been drunk. That was an unattractive look, on anyone.

My mind had been on everything but Dj all day. I didn't blame myself for feeling like I needed to give up on her. It hadn't been that long for us for me to stay stuck on her anyway.
I walked in, shoving passed the teenagers that danced awkwardly around the living room.

"Jayon," I hear the voice of Ant, one of my old homies from the kitchen. I turned around, throwing my hand up at him.

"Yo nigga, come here, you haven't chilled with us in weeks,"

"Gee, I been on some other shit," I told him, walking towards the kitchen. It was the group of niggas I had been with the night me and Dj met. The first night I bugged her into talking to me.

"Yeah we know," another one by the name of Dillon said, blowing from his blunt.

"You been on that virgin bitch," Caiden spoke, blowing from a vape pen.

This was all they did all day. Smoke, and fuck any bitch that let them. I don't know why I dealt with them for so long.

"She not a bitch, but yeah. I was on her," I said, sitting on a stool. The music began to blast.

"Well we missed you. I thought you said we wasn't letting no female jeopardize our gang,"

"That was before I met her, she not just any female Ant,"

"Nigga you was in love? You know that shit don't exist. Especially in Vegas."

"Fuck all that," I spoke.

"He telling the truth Jay. What she do to make you love her? Plus it's only been a month, that shit y'all have is lust," Caiden says.

"Shut the fuck up, y'all niggas will never experience what I did with that girl. I don't give a fuck if it was a week, I love her,"

"Ain't that your girl right there?" Dillon pointed to the front door. All of our heads turned.

That was Dj. She was alone. I didn't see Amber walk in even after someone shut the door behind her.

"No fucking way," I mumbled, getting off the stool. I heard them laughing behind me as I walked away.

"Dj, what the fuck?" I questioned her when we made eye contact.

"What?" She smiled at me, but straightened her face to become serious.

"Leave,"

"You can't make me leave this type of party. It's all invite,"

"Why are you here? Amber isn't even with you. Have you lost your mind?"

"You're not my fucking dad, and you're surely not my nigga anymore. So I'm gonna need you to move out of the way while I enjoy this party alone," she pushed me in my chest, making her way to the living room.

Shock had sure to be written on my face. This had to be our first interaction in 2 weeks? Arguing?

I just didn't believe she would come to this place in spite of me, then disrespect me like she had just done. She was changing, and I didn't like it at all.