25.

By the time I had gotten out of Jayon's car, it had took me awhile to actually close the door of it. I stared at him for awhile, before turning to my house.

My mother's car had still been in the driveway but I knew she would be leaving in just a couple hours, and even though I didn't know exactly when, I also knew Deon was asleep.

"What are you doing?" He asks me, obviously confused at the fact that I had just been standing by his car with the door opened looking incredibly stupid.

"I want you to come in Jayon," I finally speak.

"Huh?" He blinks his eyes repeatedly, then wipes them a bit. "Dj, nah. I don't wanna get you in trouble. I know you haven't told your mom about us,"

I become embarrassed. That was another thing I forgot to do.

"Jayon, just please come in with me. She can meet you in the morning," I tell him, even though I was lying. I just wanted him to come in with me.

"In your bed? Or when I'm climbing out of your window?" He sarcastically asks. I knew he was afraid of getting caught in the wrong position with me, because even though he didn't know my mother he knew she was strict.

"Jayon," I whine. "Trust me,"

He inhales, letting it out hardly. The engine of his car stops as he pulls his key out of the ignition. "And I can just park here like this? Or should I move it,"

"It's fine, just come," I roll my eyes. He was starting to become way more careful and I wasn't sure if I liked that or not.

"It better be," he says while getting out of the car. "Cause I'll be damned if my moms car got towed this late at night,"

"It's basically morning. Didn't you see the time on your dashboard?" I ask, guiding him to the front door. I realized I didn't have a key on me, so I checked the bottom half of our small Welcome mat.

"I wasn't paying attention," he said to me, looking around my quiet neighborhood. "You know, your neighborhood is pretty,"

"I guess," I tell him. Living in one area for more than 8 years seemed to dull it. Only because I knew almost everything about it, and no one barely ever came outside unless they were leaving the neighborhood.

I begin to unlock the door quickly, opening it slowly to make sure that there was nobody in the living room.

"Come on," I drag his wrist with me into the kitchen as he tries to close the door behind him carefully. "Dj, is your mom sleep?" He asks.

"Yes," I say stuffing my mouth with the nearest bag of chips on the counter. I was starving now that I thought about it. I hadn't ate since I left my house earlier to search for Amber. This had been one crazy ass night.

"Sun chips?" He questions, taking the bag from me. "Cheddar sun chips?"

"They're my favorite actually. Oh look, another thing you didn't know about me," I say, taking the bag back from him.

I pour the chips into the bowl, grabbing a warm water bottle from the pantry.

"That water is hot as hell," he says. "You don't refrigerate it before drinking it?" He squints his eyes.

"No Jayon," I open it. "I prefer warm water. It's better,"

"Well cold water is better for your insides," he says.

"I truly don't care," I shrug. He shakes his head while showing a small smile. "Show me your room," he says.

I put the bowl of chips on the counter, looking up the stairs. It was dark and empty, but I was still worried about taking him up there.

I grab his wrist, watching him grab the bowl of sun chips.

We begin to walk up my stairs cautiously aware of the things surrounding us. It doesn't take long before we end up to the door of my room. I open it slightly, covering my ears to the sound of the creaks it made. I didn't understand why everything seemed to be louder at night.

"Come in," I tell him, scratching my ear.

He closes the door and locks it, making his way to my bed. I turn on the light, admiring how he looked sitting on my bed.

"Damn," he says looking around. "You look in that mirror all the time?"

"Only when I turn it on," I say, turning my tv on. I take the bowl of chips from him.

"Your room nice,"

"Thanks Jayon," I laugh.

He picks up something near my bed from what seems to be a small bracelet.

"Dessence?" His eyes go wide at the new name. He makes contact with me, as I look away.

I knew I should have hid that bracelet. Honestly I didn't know what I was thinking when I let him sit on my bed so casually, even with a pile of clothes on it.

I felt different when I heard him say my name like that. It was weird..almost unnatural.

"Give me it," I say, attempting to grab the small charm bracelet from him. He stood up, raising his hand to where I wasn't able to grab it.

"Why?" He taunts me, moving the bracelet from one hand to the other. I didn't understand why he took this as a joke. My name was something private, extremely private. I felt as if my insides were going to rupture after knowing Jayon now knew my real name.

Amber didn't even know my real name. No one did except my grandmother, my mother, father and Deon.

I wanted it to stay that way.

"Jayon," my voice changed when I started to feel a sudden outburst of tears straining to come from my eyes.

He noticed my voice change almost immediately, and that's when he gave in. "I'm sorry," he tells me. "Don't start to cry,"

I snatch the bracelet from him, pouncing on my bed. I felt so exposed around him now. I felt like, I needed to tell him everything at this point.  It was like the feeling you got when someone you had the biggest crush on found out the secret, embarrassing and hidden nickname ONLY family called you; except he already knew my nickname and he was more than a crush. I could feel our feelings intertwining the longer we stayed in this room with each other.