51.

*Jayons POV*

"One more game, then we got to go," I told my cousin Vincent. He had made me stay with him longer because I left him at my grandmas longer than I was suppose too. He knew I was with my girl though, so he understood.

We had made it back to my place just a couple hours before to get showered and redressed for the double date we were about to have. I told him Dj had a friend named Amber that was single. He didn't ask how she looked, he just agreed on going with us. He wouldn't be disappointed at Ambers physical features anyway, her and Dj definitely were a couple of fine girls. Mine being the finest obviously.

"Aight nigga, aight," Vincent said. His focus was all on the game, and he didn't look at me once.

The game we were playing was COD (Call of Duty) and it took a lot of focus and concentration.

"Where are you guys going?" Jasmine comes out of no where, finding a spot to sit on the couch.

"Finna go chill with my girl, Vincent's tagging along with my girls friend,"

"Nigga why can't you just say we going to chill with some girls?"

"Because I had to make it known that one of them girls were mines," I tell him.

He shakes his head, letting out a small laugh.

"I wanna meet your girl," Jasmine crosses her arms.

"One day you will," I tell her.

"Why can't I meet her today?" Her voice showed a hint of annoyance in it.

"Because you can't, now get out,"

"This is my living room just as much as it is yours," she rolls her eyes, standing up.

"Mhm," I block her voice out. She was starting to irritate me.

Vincent just looked at the both of us and grinned. "See, I'm glad I was the only child," he mumbled to me, making me laugh.

"What's so funny?" Jasmine asks, raising her voice a bit.

"Jasmine for real, get out. What are you bugging us for?" I ask her.

She gives me an attitude, throwing her hand up in a "Whatever"  kind of way. I wasn't gonna sit there and let her bother me when I knew she had better things to do. She was about to be 14 in nearly 2 weeks.

She walks out of the room without another word.

"Damn," Vincent says. "How tough it must have been growing up with a brat,"

"You couldn't guess," I shake my head.

I loved my sister and I would have done anything to protect her, but she was too much sometimes.

"Aight, let's call this off. I'm sure your girls waiting," Vince pauses the game, putting his controller on the table.

"Psh, she is," I agreed, following his actions. We both stood up, sliding our slippers on.

"Let me drive," Vincent said, putting his hand out. He expected me to give him my car keys.

"Nah nigga. You don't even know where we going,"

"You can't tell me?" He questions, raising an eyebrow.

"Nah. Passenger seat you go," I tell him.

We walk out of the front door while I lock the bottom lock as I begin to shut it.

"Tell mom I'll be back with Vince later," I yelled to make sure Jasmine heard me.

"Whatever!" She yelled back. I could hear her voice from the kitchen.

I closed the door immediately, watching Vincent as he got in.

"Be careful slamming my doors," I tell him just before he slams the door anyway.

I roll my eyes, getting into the drivers seat of my car.

We both buckle our seatbelts. I start to check my mirrors to make sure there were no cars behind me.

"We're about 20 minutes from Dj's from my house, so get comfortable," I tell him as we begin to pull out of the driveway.

"Where does Grandma stay again?" He asks.

"Lamb and Berry view, why?"

"Lamb and Berry View," he repeats. "I was just asking. How far is she from you?" We had been cruising down the street for a bit, until I realized there had been no music playing.

"Not super far. She's closer to Dj than she is to me," I said. "Where the music nigga?"

"Nigga I don't know, you're the one driving," he tells me.

"Plug yo shit up to the aux," I grin.

"Bet," he said to me, changing the settings of my stereo.

"Play K-camp," I tell him.

"Niggas' trash. I'll put on some J-cole,"

"That nigga is trash," I tell him, annoyed at the fact that he had just insulted K-camp. He was one of the realest rappers out there.

"Fuck no, J-cole compared to K-camp? Is that even an debate?" Vincent laughs.

"What does J-cole rap about?" I sarcastically ask.

"Barely about the shit K-camp raps about, which is trash," Vincent tells me. His eyes had been on his phone the whole time.

"Whatever dumbass," I shake my head while making a sharp right.

"So J-cole it is," he looks at me.

I roll my eyes. He wasn't about to irk me with this J-cole nigga.

***

It had been awhile before we pulled up to Dj's. Vincent's playlist needed some work, and the arguments we were having along the way were distracting me while I was trying to drive. I told him next time we were just gonna drive in silence while MY phone was connected to the aux to avoid any types of confrontation.

"Alright," I tell him. "We're finally here,"

I unbuckled my seatbelt and closed the door after I had gotten out of it, eyeing Vincent who had done the same.

We end up in front of her house, leaving a knock on her door. Vincent rings the doorbell.

It would probably be awhile before she opened the door. Either they were sleeping or her and Amber were arguing.

"They here?" Vincent asks, interrupting my thoughts. I looked at the time, it was 7:20, it wasn't late but it wasn't early either.

"I hope so," I said to him.