100

I had spent most of my time stacking things in boxes for Jayon for over an hour. He talked to me about what he wanted to do for his birthday and I listened. He was really going to be 18, a legal adult while I was still stuck at 16. My birthday wasn't until January.

"So yeah, I'll just drive back out here on my birthday and spend it with you. We could kick it and watch some movies and then you'll give me a lap dance," he says. I glare at him while he smirks. "Too much?" He asks.

"Oh please," I say. "You couldn't handle a lap dance from me,"

"I'll take that as a challenge," he tells me, sticking a long piece of tape against a box.

I laugh at him while I stand to my feet. "You're out of here in a couple days Jayon. What does that mean for us?"

He looks at me with a serious expression. "Well I figured you wanted to keep in touch and see how a long distance relationship would feel,"

I nod. "I didn't expect you to say that,"

"Well Dj were in love with each other. I didn't think we'd just give up that quick just because I'm moving states,"

"No, no, of course not," I say. Even though I was saying this, I felt like that's exactly what we were gonna do.

"You were gonna give up?" He asks.

"Not really Jayon I just didn't picture us having a long distance thing. I personally don't like long distance things,"

"Me either Dj but we really don't have any other choice," he says, taking out more tape.

"We do actually. We can stay in touch but as far as our relationship, I mean it can be put on hold,"

"For how long?"

"Until I graduate,"

"You wanna do that? You really think by the time you graduate we're still gonna have these feelings for each other?" He questions.

"Yeah, of course I do. Why would you even ask that?"

"What if you meet someone out here your senior year? I'll be done with high school Dj, most likely on my way to college. You're not thinking about that are you?"

"Well no Jayon I wasn't thinking that far but-"

"This is a make or break type of situation. We can get through this shit or we can't. Simple as that,"

"I don't think you should put our relationship on a make or break it scale. We've been through a lot together Jayon. The feelings we have for each other aren't ever gonna change you know that,"

"Yeah but you're being naive. You're not looking at this from a grown person's point of view," he says, sticking tape on another box he had finished packing.

"I'm not being naive I know this is hard for us but you're not being particularly fair about this either, and you're barely grown Jayon you're a year and 2 months older than me,"

He shakes his head. "I see we're not on the same page here," he says, putting a box on top of another one.

"Yeah I see that too," I cross my arms.

He looks at me again. "I love you, and I'm always gonna love you, but I'm not putting our relationship on hold. Not for almost 2 years especially,"

"And I love you Jayon but I don't want a long distance relationship," I tell him.

"Then it's settled. We break up the day I leave," he says with no emotion. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My stomach started to turn but their wasn't anything I could say at this point. We were on different pages with this, and it bothered me that we didn't talk about this sooner. We never talked about what would happen when he left, we completely ignored that conversation.