3.

The party music only made my headache worse. I begin to doze off until I feel Amber's hand letting go of mines. "What are you doing?" I jolt awake as she stands up.

"I'm just gonna get something to drink," she tells me.

"Amber.."

I was anxious letting her out of my sight. I didn't want her going anywhere alone. Destiny and her group of trolls could have easily popped out of nowhere to attempt another attack. Especially if they seen she was by her self.

"If you're so paranoid why don't you just come with me? I'm getting vodka though, not apple juice," she says making fun of me. She knew I didn't drink either.

"You shouldn't even be drinking," I stand from the couch, following her into the cramped kitchen. "Yes I know," she grabs a small paper cup from a stack on the counter and begins to pour her drink from an opened bottle. While checking our surroundings, I see the face that helped me just hours before. Everyone had been laughing and horse playing around him, but I didn't see him spark a grin once. A part of me wanted to approach him, but he was a bit intimidating.

We make eye contact but it ends as quickly as it started. It was weird. I expected him to smile at me or something considering our previous interaction, but he didn't stare at me longer than 3 seconds. I tried not to feel offended. I tried to think of some reasons why he would do that. I knew he wasn't obligated to show me any attention but he did earlier. Maybe he was just being a decent bystander. I don't know why I took what he did for me as some type of romantic gesture.

"Yo, what are you thinking about?" Ambers voice brings me back to reality.

"Earlier," I tell her.

"What about it? We did what needed to be done," Amber says, taking another sip from her cup. "Amber we could have seriously gotten hurt, imagine if the car that pulled up starting shooting at us or something, but no I wasn't even thinking about that."

"Then what earlier are you talking about? What else happened?" She asks.

"It was after the fight. Don't you remember the boys we were talking about that came and brought us in?"

"Ohh," Amber takes another drink from her cup. "Yeah, my boy was actually cute, how'd yours look?"

"Look around but don't be obvious. He's wearing a black headband. White and black tee shirt," I say twisting a braid.

"Damn Dj. Did you tell him thank you? Cause' if not I'll do it for you," she smirks.

"Well..." I begin but Amber cuts me off. She sets her cup back on the counter and drags my wrist across the spacious kitchen. I start to wonder whose house this was...

"Hello," Amber chimes in the middle of the boy and the group he was withs' conversation. It gets very silent, even though the speakers around the house were practically throbbing. I start to feel my anxiety slowly making its way inside my body.

"Yes?" One of the boys finally say.

Amber laughs. "I'm Amber, and this is Dj. We were the girls outside fighting a few hours ago. You guys know Destiny and them?"

They all look at each other for a few moments, then back at Amber and me.

"Yeah," one boy answers, lighting what looked like a blunt in between his fingers.

"Ya'll held your own. Respect," another one states. He reached his fist out for me and Amber to bump. Amber fist bumped him, then forced me to do so by guiding my fist towards his. That made them all laugh. "Y'all go to Canyon?" The boy with the blunt asks.