23.

Our car ride was depressing. He stared at me countless of times, but nothing came out of his mouth. It was clear that I had to start this conversation without being as uncomfortable as I was.

I turned my head toward him, looking down at his radio. Nothing was playing, so I casually pressed the on button on it to cure the dull and upsetting mood we were both having.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"It was quiet," I say looking out the window, listening to the slow jams that began to play.

"Dj, Ive been waiting for you to explain yourself since the moment I restarted my car."

"Explain what?" I innocently respond.

"Who those people we're and why that man was trying to kill me," he raises his voice slightly.

"I was going to explain everything when we were sitting down in front of each other. It's easier to talk to you when you're facing me and not busy doing anything else,"

"Well I want to know now, you put me in a horrible situation tonight. I swear, you're always in some bullshit,"

"Always?" I snake my head to him, raising my eyebrows.

"Never mind," he says, making a turn. He pulls into a small convenient store, parking in front of a gas pump.

"No," I start to say. "What do you mean always? Be real."

"When I met you, you were in a fight for fucks sake," he says unlocking his car door.

I follow behind him, opening and slamming his car door as I made my way to the small store. He opened the glass door of the Terrible's, holding the door for me.

"Okay, that fight wasn't entirely my fault," I say walking in.

"No..no. It wasn't your fault at all," he tells me. "That friend of yours, the girl that's a complete opposite of you, is the cause of most of your problems," he shrugs.

"Who are you to even say that about Amber? Just because she speaks her mind and isn't afraid of what other people think..she's a problem starter? No. She's my best friend, that's what she is," I say defending her.

He looks down at me and rolls his eyes as he stands in front of the counter. "20 on 7 please," he says.

"Thank you," the blonde behind the cash register smiles at him, accepting his money and putting it in the cash register. He smiles back, walking away from me and out of the door.

"Jayon," I call after him. It brought me to the moment when he had casually embarrassed me by leaving me in that cafe.

"You are just going to ignore me? Because that doesn't help," I continue to talk as he pumps his gas. He looks me up and down, grinning at my anger with him.

"It's funny to you isn't it?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders again, pulling the pump out of the tank. "Come on Dj, Imma take you home," he says, opening his car door.

I sigh, giving in to him. I walk to the side of his car and open the door, sitting on his seat with an attitude taking over my physicality.

"You okay baby?" He asks, starting his car.

"Amber is in the hospital," I blurt, putting my head down.

His head turns to me immediately, fear in his face was clear. The sly smile he had plastered on his face had disappeared, and he waited for me to talk again.

"That man back there, that was her father. The little boy was her brother. We had just left the hospital she was in. She was raped tonight, and now I'm just trying to figure out who did it to her. The last thing she told me before she fell into a coma was to find Derek," I let everything out, watching Jayon as he listened carefully.

"My Derek?" He asks.

"Yes," I nod.

"You don't think he could have-"

"I hope not, Jayon. I don't wanna believe it was him. I already have a major problem with him and I swear if it was him, I will kill him," I say, cutting Jayon off.

"Chill, alright? Let me figure this out," Jayon tells me, leaning against his steering wheel.

"No. Jayon this is my problem not yours. I could use your help but I don't need you figuring anything out. Especially after you just said I'm always in some bullshit. I shouldn't even be asking for your help but-" my words are stopped when I feel Jayon's lips against mines. The kiss becomes wetter when I feel his tongue go inside my mouth. It was getting warm, and the warmer it got the more passionate the kiss became. I knew this was his..amazing way of telling me that I needed to shut up, and when I realized that was what he was doing I pulled back, pushing his shoulders from leaning against my chest. We already didn't have enough space as it was, and we were in the convenient part of a store. People had probably seen us through his windows. I look around to make sure it was empty, but it wasn't. People left the area, came back, and left again by the minute. I didn't understand why it was so busy during this time of the hour.

"My windows are tinted," he says, practically reading my mind. He'd probably seen the uncertainty I had on my face after we'd stop kissing.

"You only kissed me to tell me to shut up," I say, crossing my arms.

"Yeah. You didn't like it?" He laughs, the engine of his car was still on.

"Just start driving," I say, rolling down the window for air. It was still hot in his car.

"What's your favorite song?" He asks me, backing away from the gas pump.

"I don't know," I say.

"Have you listened to any of K camps songs?"

"No. I planned too, but you know," I start to say. I had honestly forgot all about listening to his music.

"You really should," he tells me.

His car is on the road within seconds, and the volume of his radio increased quickly. He clicked on the CD player of his radio, I stared at him while waiting for the unknown song to begin playing.

"You really made me lose my train of thought," I sigh.

"That's what I was trying to do. You talk too much, and you stress yourself out more than you should," he says, driving to the entering of a freeway.

"No I don't Jayon," I say irritably. I was tired of him acting like he understood why I was the way I was. Clearly he didn't understand at all.

"Sure Dj," he says. "Now, I apologize for saying what I did about your friend. I had no clue she was in the hospital. I'm gonna help you, no matter what you say," his voice comes to a slow when he hears the rhythm of his music come on.

"Fine," I tell him, looking at his radio once again. The beat of this song was familiar to me. "Is this Ginuwine?" I ask.

"Yeah, how you know?" He looks at me surprisingly.

"I love him," I start. "I use to listen to all of his music."

"I fuck with him. He be saying some raw shit,"

I laugh. "About women? Because that's all he talks about is women and his relationships. Not weed or drugs or fucking bitches," I try to keep myself from laughing more than I already did. "What are you even doing listening to him?"

"I like him. I got him from my momma. She use to always play his music when I was younger," Jayon makes his way off the freeway.

"How interesting," I say. It really was. I would have never thought someone like Jayon would bump such lovey dovey music. He must have always been under his mother as a child.

"You're interesting," he tells me, flashing a seductive smile without looking in my direction.