44.

*Jayons POV*

I had been sitting on the stairs, probably looking clueless as I could be. Dj had been drunk, I don't know why or how, but it was happening.

Usually I wouldn't give a fuck about someone being drunk around me, but her? The girl who once told me she didn't smoke was now drinking vodka? My mind had to be playing tricks on me, because the last time I checked, drinking alcohol was much worse than smoking weed. It was like she had skipped a whole step of becoming a bad teen.

Why was she taking any steps was my question. What made her decide to drink on the day she had to be herself completely? She had family around her, who wouldn't even come to think that she was drinking.

"Why you sitting on the stairs?" Her little brother pushed me from my thoughts.

"Oh, I'm just chilling," I say.

"On the stairs.." Deon paused. He looked up the stairs for a minute, then back at me.

"Where's my sister?" He asked.

"In her room,"

"Why? Doesn't she know we're about to start the fireworks?"

"I don't know dude, I don't think she knows anything is going on right now," I shake my head.

Deon seemed concerned with the way I was acting. He walked up a couple stairs and sat next to me.

"You know, we haven't had a one on one. I heard about what you did for my boy Adrian when his dad went crazy on him. We haven't stopped talking about that for weeks," Deon tells me.

I grin a bit. "It was nothing. Dj needed me, I was there,"

"Maybe she needs you right now too," Deon spoke. His words made me think for awhile, he half smiled, while patting my shoulder.

"Maybe," I say quietly. I wasn't sure if he could hear me.

"I know my sister, she does crazy things when she feels like she can't control what's going on around her. I don't know what she did to you or what she did at all, but she had a reason behind it. I've always been behind her, watching every little thing she's done since we were young. She hates when I pester her, but she loves the company I give her. Maybe it's time for you to be her company,"

I nod my head, turning around fully to give Deon a hand shake. He was smarter then he looked, that was for sure. I needed to hear these type of things because it would help me understand Dj more. I wanted to help her.

"You got a good head on your shoulders, make sure it never falls off," I tell him, watching him stand up.

He walks over my legs, giving me a big smile before walking off.

I begin to stand up, making my way up the stairs to find out what was going on with Dj. Maybe her brother was right, she was acting out for a reason.

I knocked on her door, but there was no answer.

"Dj?" I say, gently pushing the door open.

She had been asleep, her face was drained and her lips were parted. Maybe she was stressed out with today or possibly overwhelmed. I don't know, but I wish I could have known. I hated seeing Dj in any mood that wasn't soothing. Especially this mood that required her having to drink in order to fall asleep.

I walked towards her bed, pulling the sheets on her swiftly. She moved a bit but she didn't wake up.

"Jayon," she mumbled. She was talking in her sleep, and it took everything in me not to wake her up. I knew she needed rest though, and I would make sure she got just that. I wondered what she was dreaming about though.