11.

The waiter had brought us our food about 15 minutes after we had our sentimental discussion. It was quiet between us now. All you could hear was other people's voices, and the different sounds that played from the kitchen of the small restaurant.

"Can I know your real name?" He wipes his mouth with a napkin for the 3rd time.

"Um..no," I tell him, placing my utensils on the top of my empty plate. I broke apart a piece of chicken that I already had in my hand, dipped it in ranch and popped it into my mouth.

"Why? You don't like it or some?" He takes a drink from his water.

"I like it...I just prefer to go by Dj. All my life I've been called Dj. My first name just doesn't feel like it belongs to me."

"Shit," he says. "That's something else, for real. I couldn't imagine being named anything but Jayon,"

"You definitely could have been a Christian, or Chris for short," I laugh.

"Oh nah, shut up," he smiles at me. "It's crazy you think your name doesn't fit you though. Whatever it is, I know it does."

"Well it may fit me, but it doesn't feel apart of me. It's suppose to mean something special, at least that's what my Grandmother told me before she died. I just never made it a priority to find out what it meant because I was young when she told me that, and I was already getting used to Dj," I take a sip from my drink, crunching on the ice as it hit against my teeth.

"Let's look it up," he says. "Your name is probably unique, it definitely deserves attention."

I smile, closing my eyes for a bit. "Thank you Jayon,"

"You're welcome," he tells me.

I couldn't help but to stare at the clothes he was wearing. He definitely knew how to dress, and match at that. The color of his shoes matched his shirt, his glistening rose gold earring, and his jacket.

"Do you gang bang?" I ask, childishly laughing at myself on the inside. He was wearing the color red all over, so I just wanted to make sure.

"You funny," he smirks, looking at his phone.

"You know, we've known each other for almost 2 days, and you have yet to ask me for my phone number,"

"I figured we'd be around each other so much we wouldn't need to text," he puts his phone on the table, sliding it my way.

"What?" I tilt my head a bit, confused at what he was doing.

"It's only been 2 days, but you've managed to make me think differently about a few things,"

"What do you mean?" I ask him, picking up his phone. It was large, but the case made it seem bigger.

"I mean, we don't need any type of technical communication to reach each other, because I wanna be around you every day. It's summer, we don't have to worry about going to school, having work due, or getting any type of sleep before morning."

I look at his phone again. The black screen showed my reflection in it until I clicked the power button which revealed unopened messages and calls blinking on his front screen.
"But these other people can get ahold of you, because they're not with you. I know for a fact we won't be able to be around each other everyday, and when we're not I wanna know that your number will be in my phone," I say, attempting to unlock his phone.

His jaw tightens. "Why can't I see you everyday?"

"Because my Mother doesn't even know about you yet, and she has a very low tolerance of me being around boys," I was growing irritated with his phone, it vibrated at least every few seconds.

"I see," his voice deepens. He stands to his feet, unfolds his wallet, takes out a 5 dollar bill, and places it on the table. Something about his attitude changed when he stood up. "Come on," he says, pushing his chair in.

"I wasn't done eating," I complain.

"Dj, there's nothing on your plate," he says irritably. He was telling the truth though. I only said that because I didn't want to leave yet. "Jayon, what's wrong?" I attempt to give him his phone back, but he shakes his head. He turns around and begins to walk out of the cafe, leaving me sitting there alone.

People started to stare at me after they see him storm out of the establishment. I had never felt more embarrassed than I did right now in my life. Why would he leave his phone in here with me? And why did he leave me in here the first place? I stood from the table, rushing out of the nosey area as fast as I could. I seen him standing in front of his car, digging in his pockets for something that looked like a lighter. I could tell he was about to start smoking.

"Jayon," I call out to him.

He looks at me, throwing a small wave my way.

My feet begin to make their way across the parking lot until I'm facing him. He lights the blunt plastered between his fingers before putting it in his mouth to inhale.

"Why the hell did you do that?" I ask him, his phone still in my hand.

"Do what?" He asks, blowing smoke from the side of his mouth.

"Jayon, you left me in there looking stupid. What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that I needed to leave before I caused a scene,"

"Why would you need to cause a scene?" I question him.

"Dj, you weren't listening," he says, shaking his head.

"How wasn't I?"

"I told you to come on and you sat there eating your imaginary ass food," he tells me.

"That's why you got a horrible attitude and left me in there? With your phone?" I laugh at his absurdity.

"No," he says. "I left because your Mom has a low tolerance for you being around boys. I let you keep my phone because I was expecting you to put your number in it,"

I fold my mouth, looking around to see if anyone near by was listening to our heated exchange.

"So that's what this is about," I look down.

"I spent money on you, I took my time to get to know you, I drove you around in MY car, all for you to say your Mom doesn't know about me. The night I dropped you off I made sure my Mom knew about you." He throws the blunt he had on the ground, shaking his head once more.

My eyes widen, if only I had known that he was thinking about me that night just as much as I was thinking about him...But then again, that night was practically a disaster for me. He was the only thing worth remembering. I was never even suppose to be at that party. If it wasn't for Amber being a bit crazy, we wouldn't have went to that party, we wouldn't have gotten into that horrible fight, and Jayon would have never known me.

Us meeting had just been a true accident, but it was the best thing that could have happened to me. I wanted to make sure he knew that...at least.