61.

*Dj's Pov*

"July 19, 2016," I told Amber who had been lounging on my couch, stuffing her face with hotfries and ding dongs. I knew I would have to clean up after her whenever she decided to go.

"This is crazy, today marks the 29th day that I've been pregnant. I don't know whether to be happy or depressed about it,"

"Also the 29th day that you and your mother have kept it a secret from your dad," I casually add. "Hasn't he seen how big you've gotten?"

"I don't think so, I haven't gained much weight, plus I've been wearing heavier clothing as you can see. I guess he's been more busy lately,"

"Oh," I say. "Well you look good, just chubbier in the face," I laugh. "I like what the babies doing to you,"

"Oh hush," she laughs. "But Dj you don't look good,"

"I just need rest is all,"

"You need Jayon,"

"Fuck him Amber," I scold. I hadn't even realized my tone change until I seen Amber's facial expression.

"Dj today also marks 2 weeks of you guys not talking," she says quietly.

"Amber please,"

"Both of you are being immature as fuck! The breaks you take aren't healthy,"

"Shut up!" I yell at her. "I'm fine! I don't need him, I hate him,"

"You dont Dj, and you can't no matter how hard you try too,"

"Please," I say wiping my eyes in anger. "You shouldn't even care about anything that has to do with him, his cousin dropped you just because you were pregnant,"

She throws her hand up, "Look Dj I know you're frustrated but you didn't need to bring that up," attitude was clear in her voice.

"I did though,"

Amber looks at me evilly, standing to her feet. "I'm leaving, you can talk to me when you're not being a bitch,"

"Oh fuck off," I mumble, watching her stumble to the door. She had just gotten her slug bug back which was why she had been coming to my house and leaving multiple times. I knew she'd be back.

My mother was at work and Deon had been out. I hadn't seen much of them lately, it was like they had gotten busier. It was good and bad at the same time. I missed having him bug me, and I missed having my mom antagonize me about the dumbest things.

But now I was alone, and I had no one to talk too.

Thoughts of Jayon began surfacing through my brain and I tried to block them out. I didn't want to get angry at myself for missing him, but it kept occurring. Life had been changing for me too fast and he was the main reason why. I really did wish I never had met him, but it happened, we met.

I wanted to do something drastic, something I knew he wouldn't approve of me doing. It wasn't like he would care anyway. If he did he wouldn't have let 2 weeks fly by without us communicating. I didn't even care to know what he was thinking this time.

I hadn't took a shower in days nor brushed my teeth because I didn't have the energy. No one noticed though, except Amber.

I walked up the stairs making my way into the bathroom. It was time to go to another party.
This time would be different though because I would be alone.

I turned on my shower and began to strip, slamming the door of our bathroom instantly.

***

By the time I had been clean and dressed, I waited for my mother to arrive. It was 6:00, which was usually the time she got home. I had no phone anymore, it was completely useless. It wouldn't even show the apple logo. I knew that was coming though. My mother promised to get me a new phone around the time of my birthday, which was hard enough to bare since my birthday was in January. I hoped she was kidding. Making me wait that long was unnecessary.

"I'm home," I hear her voice as I see the door open. I smile.

She smiles back at me before closing the door. "Where you think you going?" She asked, looking at my outfit.

"Mom I wanna go to a party," I told her.

"What party Dj? And where's Deon?"

"Just one of the parties in the area, I know someone is throwing something tonight, and with Adrian mom where else?"

"You don't even know where you going and you think I'm just gonna let you go anywhere? Please," she tells me. She takes off her scarf and sets her purse on the counter.

"Please? Im gonna meet Amber there," I tell her, lying. She was another one that didn't know about Amber's pregnancy. I had expected Amber's mother to tell her though, since it would have been better coming from her.

"How long has it been since you two have been to a party Dj? Need I remind you what happened the last time yall did,"

"Mom what happened to Amber did not happen at the party that we went too."

"But I'm sure some shit did happen that you've been probably keeping a secret. Only you know Dj, and I don't think I feel comfortable letting you go anywhere that involves strangers and drugs,"

"You're being ridiculous," I say, beginning to think about the things that did occur that night. I remembered it all like it was yesterday.

Me and Amber had gotten into our first fight where we had almost been jumped, I slapped someone, and Amber had gotten pissy drunk. But I also met Jayon, which was the highlight of everything.

"No, what's ridiculous is the fact that you even asked me that in the first place," she said to me.

"All I'm trying to do is have fun mom, summer is almost over,"

"And you can still have fun without going to a goddamn party Dj,"

"What can I do to make you change your mind? I'll do anything. I just wanna get out of the house mom! I haven't done anything since-"

"Since you and Jayon broke up, I know," she cuts me off. She looked at me sincerely. This had been the first time that my mother knew about me and Jayon's departure, which was uncomfortable. To this day I still didn't like talking to her about boys even though I had done the most sexual things with one. It was a funny thought to know that she had no clue about any of it. She hadn't even asked me about anything having to do with sex.

I begin to play at the thought of her being concerned about me and Jayon. The more depressed and upset I had been about it the more I noticed how bad she started to feel about it. If I made her feel extremely bad enough about it, she'd be sure to let me leave.

"Yeah," I say after a while of silence. "He's all I've been thinking about mom, and I'm tired of thinking about him. He's probably out enjoying his life while I'm stuck at home reminiscing,"

"Dj, you two will eventually work things out. You both are young," my mother says.

"I don't wanna work anything out with him. I just wanna enjoy the rest of the little bit of summer I have. Please just let me go, I'll be home before 11,"

My mother taps her nail on the counter, shaking her head before giving in. "Alright. Before 11,"

"Yes, thank you mom!" I say jumping up to hug her. "Yeah yeah," she says hugging me back. "Enjoy yourself, try not to think about Jayon as much,"

"I'll try," I play it off. Clearly I missed Jayon but I wasn't going to act like my life was over without him. Amber was over exaggerating about how I was feeling way too much.

I was gonna make sure I enjoyed myself at this party.