60.

*Jayon's POV*

Summer had been getting more depressing by each day that passed. I hadn't spoke to Dj in 2 weeks since our fight, and Vincent had left a week before. He told me we would catch up again, and I believed him, but it was upsetting to know I was the only nigga in my house again. I had fun with him though; from the games to the girls. Him and Amber didn't last because he noticed she was getting bigger, and after it came out that she had been pregnant he dropped her completely. He didn't care to know the story even when I told him I'd explain it to him. It was all fucked up.

I knew Amber really liked him though, or at least the first impression he made. I guess he was never looking for something serious and I didn't blame him. Who wanted to be with a pregnant female during summer time?

He surprisingly wasn't mad at me even when I told him I knew she was pregnant. He felt like she should have told him from the jump, which was true.

I wasn't around for the drama episode they displayed. He just told me after they had hung out that day. He also told me that when she dropped the baby, he would think about getting into something with her. He liked her personality, he just felt like he shoulda knew before anything.

I wondered how Dj had been feeling about the situation between them though. I wondered how she felt in general. I'll never forget how she looked at me the night I drove away from her house.

I told her I didn't have to take shit from her and I meant it. Chasing after females was something I never wanted to do until I met her. It sounded gay as hell but I couldn't have been more realer.

She knew this though, she was waiting for me to come knocking on her door but this time I wasn't doing that. I loved her but I wasn't in love with her, and I don't think I ever could be.

"Jayon, there's someone at the door for you," Jasmine stood in my doorway, smiling.

"Alright," I said getting up. I didn't know who it could have been, because only a few people knew where I lived.

I walked down the stairs slowly, peeping out of the doorway.

"Whoa, is that Derek?" I sarcastically asked, watching him hold up his hand to a car in-front of my house. He had been dropped off by someone else I seen.

"Yeah nigga, it's me," he said turning around to face me. We exchanged hand shakes while he walked in side behind me.

"Hey Derek," Jasmine said eagerly, staring at his bare chest.

"Wassup lil mama," he said locking the door. She blushed, running back up the stairs.

"Ignore her alright?" I rolled my eyes. She did the most sometimes.

"Alright. I came over here to talk to you. It's been awhile, and I left you high and dry after I got out. I apologize J, really. I was just going through a lot,"

"Mhm," I mumbled. "What's a lot nigga?"

"A lot nigga!" He answered irritably.

"Nigga I haven't seen you in a while. What was you going through? You been outta jail and haven't even been to no parties,"

"Bruh, Jayon you gotta believe me. My mind got fucked up after Amber's whole situation," he says, rubbing his head.

I nodded. I almost forgot his role in her situation, until I realized he was the main factor of it.

"Man you know she pregnant now cause of that shit?" I asked him, watching his face drop.

"You lyin," he began. "Please tell me you lyin' bro,"

"I swear, you haven't even seen her have you?"

"I haven't seen her since that night. Fuck! Jayon if I go around her she's gonna wanna kill me, why is she pregnant bruh? Why the fuck didn't she get rid of it? That baby in her don't even count,"

"Derek, chill. Apparently she wanted the baby either way,"

"This is fucked up," he said rubbing the sides of his head. "I actually care about her, and this is the last thing I would have expected to happen to someone I care about. She ain't deserve it Jayon, she really didn't,"

"I know bro,"

"I need to see her. I figured you'd know where to find her,"

"If she ain't with Dj, she might be home," I shrugged.

"What Dj? Yo' bitch Dj?"

"Watch ya mouth," I said to him. "We ain't even cool like that no more. Haven't talked to her in 2 weeks. I don't know what she's been doing,"

"Y'all goin 2 weeks without dealing with each other? The fuck kind of relationship y'all got?"

"A complicated one. This ain't even the first time we went through this childish shit. It's like I can't connect with her how I want too, we think so opposite but we want the same things,"

"So, let her go," he says.

"It ain't that easy, I love her Derek," I tell him.

"But are you in love with her?"

"No but-"

"Well there's yo answer," he cuts me off, laughing.

My sister comes rushing down the stairs in a hurry, her whole outfit had been changed. She wore shorts that were too small and a shirt that was too tight. Derek looked at her, then back at me and grinned.

"Yo what the fuck you tryna look cute for? Go put on some regular clothes before I tell mom," I told her, watching her smile shrink. She rolled her eyes and ran back up the stairs in a hurry.

"Aye how old is she now?"

"13 nigga," I told him.

"Damn, maybe when she 17 I'll give her a chance,"

"I wish you would," I said, watching him laugh. He said some fucked up shit sometimes.

"Bruh she been having a crush on me since me and you was 13, it's crazy how life works,"

"She need to grow up out of that shit because I don't want her with your psychotic ass," I shook my head.

"Nigga what you mean psychotic?"

"You just got out of jail, and you love putting bitches in bad predicaments,"

"Aw true," he said. "Well I need to find Amber ass so If you do ever get in touch with Dj again let me know. You know where I'll be at,"

"For sure Derek. You know where I'll be at too," I said, putting my hand out for him to shake. He slid off my stool and made his way out the door, locking the bottom lock on his way out.

I knew I would see him later.