34.

*Jayon's P.O.V*

It didn't take me long before I realized I was near Dj's house. Pulling into her neighborhood, I recognized someone who I knew to be familiar to me in some way. I pulled closer to the sidewalk in an attempt to get a closer look at the girl. Her hair was in a bun while she relaxed on the bench. It seemed like she was waiting for a bus.

I stopped, rolling my window down slyly.

We had made eye contact, she squinted before she got off the bench though.

"Jayon?" She says, walking towards my car confused.

"I know you from somewhere," my mind was having a hard time concentrating on this one girl. Probably because my head was filled with smoke.

"Yeah, from the party you met my best-friend," she rolls her eyes.

"Your bestfriend? Dj?" My eyes go wide, realizing that this was Amber; she was out of the hospital. "What are you doing out here? When did you get out of the hospital?"

I unlock the doors, gesturing for her to get in. It was hot as hell outside.

"I was waiting for a ride. My dad was suppose to pick me up, I ain't feel like walking home," she tells me slamming my car door, leaning into it when she sat down.

"When the hell did you get out?" I ask her again, ignoring the fact that she had just brought up her psychotic father.

"Today! Shit," she says irritably.

"What's wrong with you? Besides the fact that you're out here by yourself in this sweaty ass weather. Why aren't you with Dj?"

"I was with Dj, not that long ago actually," she plays with the sleeve of her long tee shirt, letting out a sigh.

"What happened between you guys?" I ask ironically.

"Nothing, just got into a petty argument. I'll be talking to her about it later,"

I nod in silence.

"Is that where you were going? To Dj's?" She looks at me with a smirk on her face.

"Yeah. Haven't seen her in weeks, we had a bad argument too. I just wanted to tell her how I felt," I shake my head at the thought of Dj seeing me. What would her reaction be like when she saw me standing on her door step?

"Well, as her bestfriend I'm telling you that she misses you. She's not even her self really. It's like she's trying to cover up the hurt," Amber tells me sadly. "And even though I went through some shit, she did too while I was gone. I was honestly just so selfish towards her," Amber looks at me in realization, her eyes half open. "Take me back to her,"

"Wait, wait," I say trying to process all of Amber's words. "What happened between you guys?"

She sighs. "I was being stupid and insensitive. I got mad at her for something she honestly couldn't control,"

"What was it about Amber?" I ask.

"Derek," she mumbles.

My stomach dropped. The mention of his name coming out of Amber's mouth just felt uneasy.

I kept quiet, because I didn't know what to say.

"You're quiet. That means you know something about him," she snakes her head to me, her mouth twisting.

"I know that he's out of jail," I speak, rolling my windows up to start my car again.

"Oh is he..when did he get out?" She crosses her arms.

"About 2 weeks ago. He was only in there for a week though,"

"Ironic. He gets a week in jail while I get a month of pain pills and dry ass food," She shakes her head in annoyance.

"He told me what happened Amber," I look at her.

She looks at me. "Then you know how it happened,"

"Before I went to see him, I thought he was the one that raped you, everyone did. The only person that doesn't know the full story is Dj,"

"And I don't want her to know yet!" She yells.

"But why did you make her think Derek was the one that raped you?" I turn my radio on to make the conversation seem less antagonizing.

"I didn't! I just told her to find him because he knew who did, he seen it happen and he did nothing," Amber's voice breaks down. She covers her face with both of her hands to prevent herself from wailing. I knew she wanted to burst out into tears though.

"Amber..." I start.

"No Jayon. Derek seen me getting snatched away from him. He didn't even try to run after me. He ran off back to the party just to get arrested for what? Underage drinking?" Amber begins to spazz on me, tears falling from her face. Her eyes were getting red within a matter of seconds.

"He got arrested for assault Amber. Apparently after he seen you were gone, he got into a fight with someone. I don't know what the fuck was going through his head that day, but he was being stupid as fuck and I'm so sorry you had to go through that shit," I rub her back.

"I don't wanna ever see him again Jayon," she says quietly. Her tears had stopped. "I don't wanna ever go to another party again, none of that,"

I nod. "Would you rather go home? I can tell Dj I ran into you. I feel like you guys should talk when I'm not around,"

"Yeah, you're right. Tell her that I love her and I'm sorry for what I said to her. I didn't mean it," she sniffs.

"Okay," I say beginning to accelerate my car again.

She wipes her eyes once more. "Whew, time to be a boss bitch again. No more of this sad shit, I know I can grow from this. I mean, I did have a whole month to heal,"

I laugh at her. She was truly crazy, the complete opposite from Dj. I didn't know how they were friends, close ones at that.