99

*Jayon's POV*
(3 weeks later)

I found myself packing things that should have been thrown away, but because of my hoarding problem I felt the need to keep everything.

It was crazy how these 3 weeks flew right passed me. I hadn't spoke to Dj in a couple days but this time it was no problems involved. We decided to take some time off from each other since we had to get use to the fact of not being around each other any more. That was her idea, not mine. We all knew I would have preferred to spend every last second I could with her.

I decided I was gonna leave Vegas, but it was for the sake of my sister. I needed to always be with her. It was what our grand mother would have wanted me to do. She would never forgive me if I let Jasmine leave without me, and even though she knew me and my mom's relationship wasn't always great she still wanted us close, and around this time was when we all needed to be as close as ever.

"Jayon you got everything packed? We outta here in 7 days," my mom steps in my room.

"Yeah almost," I tell her, stacking a box on one another.

"Alright," she says, knocking on my wall. "Thank you,"

I nod, watching her as she went back inside her room. One day we'd get to how she wanted us to be, but I needed time.

My grandmother dying had still been an open wound for everybody and especially me. No one truly understood just how deep of a connection we had with each other and as I sat here looking back at old memories I shared with her, all the gifts she left behind for me and all the knowledge she gave me, I understood that she had been preparing herself for this, and she tried to prepare me the best way she could without being truly direct about the fact that she was gonna die. She knew she would have to leave me one day, but I was so oblivious to the fact of actually losing her I took the shit she did for me for granted, and that was the biggest mistake I could have made in my life so far.

I was gonna make my grandmother proud of me, no matter what I did. I said that a thousand times but I meant it. This Texas journey would be different, but I was honestly ready for different. I spent most of my life in Las Vegas, and had done the same shit here for years. Partying, drinking, smoking, and laying down pipe to the most mediocre bitches.

Dj changed all of that for me though. She was the first woman I fell in love with and she made me feel like I actually had a purpose, the first woman I fell in love with to show me that this life wasn't the life I deserved. If I hadn't picked her up from that fight, we wouldn't have met, and if we wouldn't have met, I probably wouldn't have pushed myself the way my grandmother wanted me to.

Honestly though, if Dj wanted me to stay here with her I would have, despite the circumstances around letting my sister go with our mother alone, I knew my grandmother wanted nothing on this planet more than for me to be happy, and she knew Dj made me happy.

It was understandable to why Dj wanted me to go though. Even though it broke her heart, she wanted me to "experience life elsewhere" as she said. She seen her self moving when she graduated high school, so hopefully we would stay in touch until then, because I couldn't see myself in a life without her.

But still, things change. I didn't want to leave her here knowing she could possibly meet any one else, or let anyone else touch her the way I did. It sickened me to have these kinds of thoughts.

***
*Dj's POV*

It took awhile to adjust to the fact that my father was home. I still wasn't comfortable with him being around, but my mother was.