95

*Dj's POV*

I stood by the bus stop for awhile, admiring the sky. I had a billion thoughts going through my head and no music to listen too. I left my headphones in Jayon's room, and I'm sure he snatched them up as soon as he seen them. It sucked though, because I didn't even bother to ask him where they were or if he had them. I didn't have the energy to go back and forth with him about something so stupid, but then again I did. It was kind of our daily routine to argue over small things. Living with him made it harder for us to take the designated breaks we usually were having before. Now, whenever we got mad at each other one of us would just sleep on the couch.

"Oh, look who it is," someone calls to me. I look in the direction of which the voice was coming from, almost dropping my phone flat to the ground.

"Danielle.." I say coolly. She was there, in the flesh, and alone. "What are you doing here?"

"Taking the fucking bus," she said sarcastically. "You're at a public bus stop. Didn't know?"

"But schools going on,"

"I dropped out of school in the 10th grade," she said, walking towards me. She sat on the bench, taking out her phone. Her neck had been clear from the marks I left on her months ago. When she seen me staring she covered herself by pulling the strings to her hoodie. 

"I'm sorry for that," I said quietly.

"It's in the past," she tells me, pulling out a cigarette. "You got a lighter?"

"No."

"You're useless," she rolls her eyes. "Maybe it's a sign we ran into each other. Honestly I thought I'd never see you again after you tried to kill me," she laughed.

I stood silent. I still didn't like her, I just felt bad about almost choking her to death.

"If we're being honest here, I'm sorry too. Not about what I said though, about you having to find out Jayon was a hoe,"

"Don't start with me," I said, leaning against the bus stop pole. "You probably haven't had a decent conversation with Jayon in years. You're irrelevant to me, and him,"

"Yeah, you're probably right," she says. The way she tried to get to me really got under my skin. She was crazy to even be talking to me about Jayon.

"Hey, here's my lighter," she chimes. "Why aren't you in school?"

"I'm getting picked up,"

"Because?"

"I just didn't feel like staying today," I say, looking down the road.

"I'll believe that," she says, blowing smoke from her mouth. Wow, she hadn't changed a bit.

I nodded awkwardly. I usually never felt so uncomfortable around someone I didn't like, but I felt like she honestly had let bygones be bygones, which still felt weird.

"Smoked any weed since the party?" She asked.

"I'm not with the small talking Danielle. We don't like each other and we can keep it that way," I tell her.

She shrugged, putting the cigarette to her lips once more.

A red car came into the distance, making me jittery inside. It was Jayon's, thank God.

"Guess that's your ride," she said, throwing her cigarette to the ground and stepping on the bud. "You think he can drop me off? It's not that far from here honestly,"

"You're crazy," I said to her. "He is not dropping you off,"

Jayon pulled up in front of us, locking eyes with Danielle too quickly. He looked back at me and rolled the window down. "Uh..y'all good?"