Chapter 11

The next day Alma woke up with Esmé beside her. She smiled and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead before getting up and changing in the bathroom. She grabbed another outfit for Esmé and went to wake her up.

Esmé groaned under her touch but sat up, rubbing her eyes before leaning her head against Alma, exhausted.

"I know you didn't sleep well, but we have to get up. I could get you some tea from the breakfast room to wake you up." Alma says softly.

Esmé nodded and hummed. "Can I wear your-" Esmé started, then saw the clothes Alma was carrying for her. "Oh. Thank you." She smiled happily.

"Of course." Alma smiled back.

She quickly got up and changed in the bathroom before leaving the room with Alma to go to the breakfast room to get tea before the day started.

"How do you take your tea?" Alma asked after they had gotten food, she was about to get them both a cup of tea.

"Two sugar cubes." Esmé answers and Alma made it for her, handing her the cup.

"How are you two doing?" Miss Raven asked, scaring Esmé who hadn't seen her coming. "Sorry dear, I didn't mean to frighten you."

"No, it's alright." Esmé says softly with a small smile and Alma looked over at the two. Miss Bluejay walked back, sending Miss Raven a gentle look and Alma caught the small happy birthday wish she whispered to her.

"It's your birthday?" Alma asked her mentor.

"I'm afraid it is." Miss Raven sighed with a small smile. "I'm old now."

"No you're not, you look the same since I started at the academy." Alma says, having started a few years ago to help mentor with other students and to get more schooling.

"How old are you now?" Esmé asks, curious as they weren't in a loop yet the woman didn't seem that old.

"Fifty." Miss Raven said with a small smile.

"What?! You look too young to be fifty!" Esmé said shocked.

"You have to be lying." Alma says, surprised and Miss Raven chuckled.

"You two are sweet."

"Wait, you're serious?" Esmé asks, still shocked.

"Gorgeous, isn't she?" Miss Bluejay said quietly so only they could hear, smiling fondly at her girlfriend.

"Oh shush." She says softly, Alma watching Esmé close as the younger girl finished making her tea, noticing how Miss Bluejay was doing the same towards Miss Raven, watching the tall dark haired woman do the same.

Miss Bluejay looked down at the girls and smiled. She was normally strict with students, but Miss Raven liked these two and she could see why. They were like a younger version of them.

Alma helped Esmé with her small plate of food as the younger girl got Almas tea, Miss Raven watching the two with a gentle smile as they left.

"Cute aren't they?" Miss Raven said, moving her pinkie to hold her girlfriends. It was the most touching they could allow in public.

"I must say, I judged Esmé wrong when she first came here." Miss Bluejay says softly. "I'm hoping that bruise of hers heals up soon. It's nice to see her having a friend here, I know she was struggling at first."

"I adore Esmé. I'd adopt her if I could. She's a sweetheart. Reminds me a lot of you, when you're not grumpy." Miss Raven chuckled at her girlfriends small glare.