Chapter 67

"Ready to go birdie?" Jane asked with a smile, knocking on Esmé's door.

"Ready as I'll ever be." She says with a smile, opening the door and Jane seen her bag was already packed.

"You still don't mind me staying the night at your place before I head home?" Jane asks and Esmé smiled.

"Why would I mind? You need the rest after the ferry trip home." Esmé says simply.

"How about we check on our students before they leave?" Jane asked with a gentle smile.

"Of course, let me get my bag." Esmé says when she noticed Jane had hers.

Esmé followed Jane down the hall and to Tiana's room. Jane knocked on the door and opened it a moment later.

Esmé was surprised to see Chloe pull away from Tiana as soon as she seen the mentors, both of their faces a bright red.

"Did we interrupt something?" Jane asks with a slight smile.

"No- we were just hugging. Because we're leaving soon. And- we're friends." Tiana said nervously.

Jane sent them a smug look and Esmé playfully kicked her foot to get her to drop he gaze from them.

"Alright, well, I suppose we should be leaving. Is there anything else you would like to know?" Esmé asks.

"Well, actually." Tiana said, standing up from the bed. "I know it's traditionally frowned upon, but since you're the head of council now, I was wondering if it would be possible for us to share a loop?"

"Sure." Esmé says and Tiana looked at her funny. "What?"

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Oh. I wasn't expecting you to say yes that quickly."

"Oh hun, I was in love when I went here too. I'm certainly not going to deny either of you happiness." Esmé said gently.

"We're not in love." Chloe spoke up.

"If you insist." Esmé says with a small chuckle. "Do you both know where the loop is located?" Both of them nod and Esmé hums.

"Well, it's certainly been a pleasure teaching you both these past few days." Jane says with a smile.

"Thank you." Tiana said with a small smile.

"Of course." Esmé smiled. "And good luck in your loop. Feel free to contact me if you need anything."

"Thanks." Chloe says softly, smiling a bit and Esmé sent them both a smile before leaving with Jane. She was going to miss both the students, but she was certainly ready to see Alma.

Esmé and Jane got into a carriage and sat down across from each other. "Excited to see Alma?" Jane asked with a smile.

"I am." Esmé says softly. "I spoke to her early this morning, she said Jackelyn and Jasmine are going to be there as well." She says with a smile when Jane seemed to lighten up.

"They'll be there?" Jane says, perking up a bit with a smile.

"Mhm, I called because I thought you might like to see them."

"That's sweet." Jane says with a smile. The two spoke for a bit while they waited for the ferry.

Meanwhile Alma was at home tending to the children while Jackelyn caught up with her.

"Hey, Ayn and Isabel just made up." Jackelyn said with a small smile.

"Really? That's wonderful. Where are they now?" Alma asked.