Chapter 60

Esmé woke up early the next day to get ready, Alma waking up when she felt her get out of bed. The younger woman didn't know she woke up as she changed out of her nightgown, Alma smirking before whistling at her when she was in her bra and underwear.

"Alma!" Esmé said, flustered.

"You're gorgeous." Alma smirked at her, Esmé blushing at this. "I suppose I should get up and change to." Alma said as she stood up, walking over to her wardrobe and removing her own nightgown.

The younger woman finished getting dressed, brushing through her hair and Alma watched her yank on the brush.

"Darling, slow down, you have plenty of time to get ready." She says, taking the brush from her and carefully brushing through her hair.

"I don't want to be late." Esmé said. "I can't make a bad first impression."

"That's impossible when it comes to you." Alma says with a gentle look, setting the brush down and Esmé raised an eyebrow.

"Remember when you finally seen me again?" She mentions.

"That wasn't great but I'd say it worked out." Alma said with a small sad smile.

Esmé frowned and tucked her button up into the slacks she had on, Alma taking her hands before she could dig her talons into them.

"You need to promise me one thing when you leave." Alma says.

"Hm, what is it?" Esmé asked with a gentle smile.

"Please take care of yourself." She says softly with a serious look. "Don't hurt yourself either. I won't be able to be with you for a week."

"I can promise that." Esmé said gently. "I'll be just fine."

"Call me if you need absolutely anything. Even if it's just to talk to someone, okay?" Alma asks, looking over her wife.

"Yeah I can do that." Esmé smiled gently at her. "I'll be fine, Alma. I promise."

"Alright. Let me know when you're leaving so I can pick you up from the ferry, okay?"

"Yes yes, I know love." Esmé says with a small chuckle.

"And you'll be safe, and make good choices?" Alma asked her.

"Why are you worrying so much, love?" Esmé asks with a small smile, leaning against her hand when Alma ran her thumb over her cheek.

"I just want to make sure you'll be okay. Plus, you know the council can be.. mean sometimes."

"I'll be alright." Esmé says. "Now how about we make breakfast before I go?"

"Of course, let's have your favorite." Alma smiled as she grabbed Esmé's hand.

"Oh yeah!" Esmé said happily as she walked with Alma downstairs.

"But first," Alma says and suddenly Esmé was against the wall, the older woman looking down at her with a smirk. "Where's my kiss?"

"I- uhm-" Esmé said as she blushed furiously.

"Aw is my baby flustered?"

Esmé felt her face grow a deep red and Alma chuckled, pressing a gentle kiss against her lips before pulling away, but was held back when she seen the younger woman had her hands on the collar of her jacket.

"You're not going anywhere after that." Esmé husked, reattaching their lips.

Alma felt her cheeks burn slightly but smiled against her lips, leaning further against her.