Chapter 14

"You two seriously had no clue, did you?" Miranda asked with a smile. "Oblivious!" Eliza chuckled at this.

"Well I suppose we were." Alma says with a small smile. "Now no more stories for now, let's get dinner started."

Esmé watched as everyone left and grabbed Alma's hand before she could leave. She smiled and pressed a kiss to the older woman's lips. "I've always loved kissing you."

Alma hummed softly and pressed another on her lips before taking her hand and placing another on her knuckles.

Esmé smiled as the older woman kissed up her arm. "I love you. I always have." She said gently, wrapping her arms around Esmé.

She gently spun the younger woman, dipping her down to place a gentle kiss on her lips with a smile, her hand lifting her thigh up as she did. Alma didn't pull away until she heard someone clear their throat, glancing to find Ayn propped against the kitchen door way.

Alma blushed and brought Esmé back to her feet. The younger woman didn't seem to care at all and hugged Alma with a smile.

"So you two literally made out many times at the academy and were still in denial and then Esmé vanishes for 10 or so years and then you finally got together?" Ayn says surprised.

Esmé thought it over for a moment before responding. "I just thought Alma tasted good." She said as she held the older woman close.

"And you thought that was a friend thing?" Ayn asks confused and surprised. "So since Esmé and I are friends, I could do the same?" She adds with a smile.

"Don't you dare." Alma glared at her, holding Esmé tightly.

"But she tastes good." Ayn smirked.

Alma sent her a glare and the wight laughed before walking off.

"I'll go get the table set." Ayn says with a smile, leaving the two be to make the food.

Alma kissed Esmé again and pulled away to work on the food. Esmé tilted her head and her at moved to hug her.

"Darling, I need to cook." Alma says lightly with a smile, but Esmé moved behind her, keeping her arms wrapped around the woman's waist.

Esmé kissed her cheek gently. "I love you." Alma hummed as she leaned against Esmé.

"I love you too." Esmé says softly, looking over her as Alma looked down at the food and she gently traced her finger along the older woman's jawline.

Alma tried not to get distracted from what she was doing but as soon as she was done chopping vegetables she turned around and swiftly pinned Esmé to the counter.

Esmé smiled and gently ran her thumb over the woman's cheekbone, Alma leaning against her hand as she looked her over.

"You're making it very difficult to focus." Alma says with a small smile, pressing a small kiss to her palm.

"Oh, I am?" Esmé asked. She brought Alma in closer and kissed her deeply. "I can't help it." She said when they split for air, before connecting their lips again.

Alma smiled and gave her one last kiss before walking over to the food.

"I do have to get this done, dear." She scolds lightly.

"Alright, I'll leave you to it." Esmé smiled, and gave her a small playful smack on her behind before leaving the room.

"Esmé!" Alma scolds and the woman laughed before heading to the garden when she spotted Willow down the hallway.

"Hey honey, what are you up to?" Esmé asked as she walked over to her daughter.

"Ollie was showing me some flowers Fiona made in the garden." Willow says and takes her mother's hand. "I have something to show you upstairs." She says with a smile.