Chapter 19

Alma woke Esmé up with a kiss on the cheek. "Breakfast is starting soon." She said gently when the younger girl opened her eyes.

"I'm not hungry." She mumbles softly, moving to lay against her closer, shutting her eyes once more.

"Are you sure? I could bring back a cup of tea for you." Alma said softly. Esmé just shook her head and pressed a kiss to Alma's lips before hugging her tightly against her.

Alma blushed but said nothing as she carefully sat up, towering over her when Esmé kept her hands placed on the woman's waist.

"Are you leaving?" Esmé asked quietly as she looked up at her. Alma looked down at the younger girl and leaned down to kiss her.

"I'm going to go get us both breakfast. You need to make sure you eat at least something little." Alma says gently and moved to the edge of the bed.

Esmé gave her a sad pout and grabbed her hand. Alma smiled when she saw her face. "I'll be back soon."

"Fine, I'll wait here ever so patiently." She says with an exasperated look and Alma chuckles, getting up from the bed and Esmé felt her cheeks burn a bright red when the older girl winked at her before leaving the room.

Esmé waited impatiently for Alma to return. She thought of the older girls soft hair and beautiful eyes, getting lost in her thoughts of her.

She didn't notice she came back until Alma took a seat in front of her, handing her a bagel.

"I'm not hungry, really." Esmé says and sits up slowly, a burning in her wrists. She wasn't ready to see her mentors today.

"Just a bite?" Alma asked as she wrapped a gentle arm around her. Esmé hesitated but leaned over and took a bite of the bagel in Alma's hand.

Alma felt her cheeks burn a bright red and Esmé raised an eyebrow with a slight smile.

"You weren't specific." She says with a small shrug and took it from her hand.

After Esmé took it Alma did the same thing to her, leaning over and taking a bite of it. She sat back up and smirked as she chewed it. Esmé blushed and stared at her as she did. Once Alma swallowed it the younger girl moved closer to her, leaning in.

Alma met her halfway and pressed a deep kiss to her lips, smiling against her as she pushed her down on to the bed.

Esmé put a hand on the back on Alma's neck, holding her closely. Alma hummed into her lips as she pressed herself against the younger girl.

Both of them didn't hear the light knock on the door as Alma pressed her hips slightly against her, Miss Sparrow opening it to see if they were doing alright.

Miss Sparrow stood silent for a moment, shocked. Her thoughts quickly caught up to her and cleared her throat to make her presence aware to the girls.

Alma heard her and quickly pulled away, sitting back down on the bed quickly, her cheeks a bright red. Esmé sat up herself when she seen her mentor, her cheeks turning a bright shade of pink.

"Listen I don't mind you two dating, just be careful about getting caught." Miss Sparrow said calmly.

"We're not dating!" Both girls said at the same time.

Miss Sparrow raised an unamused eyebrow at the two.

"You both do know I'm not going to tell, right?"

"We really aren't, Miss S." Esmé said, trying and failing to be very convincing.

"So then what did I walk into, hm?" Miss Sparrow says with a skeptical look, crossing her arms.