Chapter 35

"How are you feeling, love?"

Esmé opened her eyes and groaned when she seen the sunlight, moving on to her other side.

Esmé groaned and moved close to her wife. "Tired." She muttered as she hid her face in her neck.

She felt the woman gently feel her forehead, leaning further into the cool touch of her hand.

"You don't feel as warm as yesterday."

Esmé hummed and moved closer to her, holding her closely. "How are you feeling sweetheart?"

Esmé mumbled something and Alma gently brushed the younger womans hair back.

"Would you like me to go get you a glass of water?" Alma offered. "Or something to eat? Anything?"

"No." Esmé says softly, shutting her eyes and leaning against her.

"Are you feeling any better?" Alma asked gently as she looked gently down at her.

"Tired." She says, Alma barely hearing her for a moment. The woman layed against her, her head slowly starting to hurt.

"How about I get you some medicine and you get more sleep, alright?" Alma offered gently.

"No, I'm alright." Esmé mumbled with a small yawn, slowly sitting up in bed. She kept her eyes shut though when she felt her headache worsen from the movement.

"I'm going to get you that medicine, sit tight." Alma said gently as she got out of bed.

Esmé layed her head down in her arms as she waited for the woman to return, looking up when she felt someone's hand gently move to the side of her waist to gain her attention.

Esmé looked over with a smile, groaning at the way her head pounded at the movement.

Alma gently set the pills in her hand, taking her glass from the night stand and filling it with water from the sink before coming back and handing it to Esmé.

Esmé took them and allowed Alma to help her lay back down in bed. "Sleep well my darling. I'll be up to check on you soon."

Before she left though, Esmé took her hand and gently tugged her down, wrapping her arms close around the womans waist, hugging her tight and resting her head against her side.

"Would you like me to stay for a while?" Alma offered.

"Mhm." Esmé said quietly.

Alma gently sat back down on the bed, Esmé sitting up to gently lay against her, Alma bringing her in her arms and laying back against the headboard of the bed.

Alma smiled as she held the younger woman. She loved her so much, she almost couldn't believe it sometimes.

Esmé gently brought her hand up to the womans hair, carefully running her talons through the tangles and then brushing her thumb against her cheekbone. Alma leaned against the touch, noticing the womans eyes closing and she carefully took her glasses off, setting them aside for her.

Esmé hummed and she leaned into her touch. Alma smiled as she held the younger woman in her arms.

She gently brushed her finger against her cheek, faintly dragging it along the scars around the womans eyes and she felt the warmth fill in Esmés cheeks.

"I love you." Esmé mumbled, closing her eyes as she leaned her head against the womans hand.

"I love you too my beautiful wife." She replies, Esmé feeling her cheeks burn when she smiled.

"No you're pretty." Esmé smiled as she laid in Alma's arms gently.

"Don't argue with me. Especially when you're sick." Alma scolds lightly and pressed a gentle kiss on her forehead. She looked up when she noticed Willow poke her head in to the room, noticing her mothers.