72

That-

That-

Mother-

"Fuckin' shiesty ass nigga! Can you believe this shit? He talkin' bout he gon' do a job and all this shit and he here breaking bread with the nigga that shot one of his friend's workers! Imma call this nigga right now."

I saw burgundy in my vision, fuck red. 

The blood that was boiling in me was pooling in my ears, coming back up through my nose and cascading down my throat to the point I could just fucking spit as the rust coated my palette.

I wanted to keep an inkling that this wasn't a set up but to see this nigga, my So-called Nigga sitting sipping fruity drinks and laughing with the nigga that shot Princess in the Foot?! The fucking foot?!

Pulling out my phone, I smashed my way to finding Cut number and before I could even press his number Jamie had held my hand down to intervene.

"Hold up a minute, Ana."

"Fuck you mean, 'hold up' Jamie? You seeing the same shit too, right? You see this nigga down by the pool living it the fuck up while i- while -" the words choked up in the back of my throat and I promise you I would swallow stones with more enthusiasm.

"While what, Ana? What's going on?"

Fuck it.

"Jamie," I looked over to her with pleading eyes, silently praying that what I was saying wasn't about to cause a spiral or a split in our friendship.

"What do you know about Bear? Y'all been dating for some months now but what do you know about him?"

Jamie's eyebrow raised at my question, but it made her take a step back. Rubbing her nose in contemplation, she sniffed a few times, lining up the reasonings in her mind.

"I mean, I know his real name and I know he sell, but he treat me good and keep me out of harm's way unlike that nigga BG. Why? Don't tell me-"

"Nah, vibe, it ain't even like that. But i'm asking do you like Know him know him? Like who he run with? Who he report to? Because, ion know, there's word of a nigga named Blu-"

"Blu? I know he gotta Uncle named Blu in Lake Worth but that's about it,"

Fuck! 

"Yeah he got a lil' landscaping business up there and from what I know he don't even deal with Miami niggas, only Bear, his nephew. We talking about the same Blu?" Landscaping business? I could hear the suspicion rising in Jamie voice, and it felt like I was having more and more needles laid out on the floor to puncture my feet on. I  had to be careful. 

So I took a big swallow, shook my head, and laughed it off the best way I could. 

"Nun, girl. I just want to make sure you happy. And the fact I been running around with Cut I feel like i'm losing touch with you, you know?"