102

Back at The Twelve

Cut sat at the bar, taking a full shot of patron straight to the head. He watched the passerbys as they came in pairs and oftentimes alone, taking a seat at the same rounded bar seating that he found himself at as well. The high from his recent line had worn off since him and Ana had sex and now he was back into his own thoughts, nervously shifting from conversation to conversation that played in the back of his head. He recounted sentence for sentence between him and Ana, him and Chyna, him and Ramirez, him and Koji, and, dare he admit it, him and Rich.

Just the mere mention of his name made his stomach churn back and forth until an insatiable nausea permeated his palette and he could feel the need to vomit subside into a transient rage that simmered back into a neutrality that took him years to master. Truth be told, he couldn't stand that nigga Rich as far as he could stand him. Seeing how loose he was with his money over loose pussy made it apparent to him that he couldn't be trusted any longer. He cursed himself at the thought that he was going to forfeit almost all of his getaway money that he stashed over to Chyna. But, he knew that whatever were to happen after their nights in Atlanta, it wouldn't end with the three of them riding off into the sunset.

It wasn't shit to get the money back, flip it, double it, hell even triple it if he had to. But he knew deep down in his heart that Chyna was not the type to be in the trenches to get the cash, so he figured while he built a new future on the low in Atlanta, he could send Chyna off with a care package so to speak. He hoped that with the money he was about to give Chyna plus the money she said she always said she had put to the side for a rainy day would start her off to do her own thing even if it wasn't with Koji. Chyna was the closest thing to a sister that he had known and if this was gonna be the last time that they saw eachother, might as well end the show with a bang.

He didn't know why, but something in the pit of his stomach gave him a feeling that something bad was going to happen tonight but he couldn't but his reach on it.

Waving his hand at the bartender, motioning for him to give him another round, he checked his phone for any messages from Chyna or Rich or Ana, nothing. He checked his call log for any missed calls and saw it was from two people, his cousin Benny down in corrections and the connect Ramirez had put him up on. He didn't want to pay too much attention to the negative or put any bad accusations over a situation that ain't happen yet but it was something about the continuous questions from this connect about Ramirez and Blu that made him a little apprehensive to continue on with the deal. But to have the amount of weight and push the amount of kilo was not gonna come any easier with anyone else. So, fuck it, worse come to worse he just gotta up and relocate again if the deal falls through.

He redialed Benny's number, holding the receiver to his ear.

"Benson speaking."

"Nigga you gotta stop using your government name so freely. What if I was the feds?"

"What if always cross the mind but what if never happens, nigga you know that."

"Yeah, yeah you right. But what it is, what you got for me?"

"Well you know its 'bout Unc, right?"

"Yeah, shit still crazy how that shit ended up like. And that fuck nigga Skooby still hollering 'bout he innocent."

"...Well-"

"Well, what? Gon' head and spit it out, cuz."

"He might just be innocent, my nigga. You see, I been fuckin' on this little paralegal bitch down at the lawyer office who covering Skooby case and she telling me somebody 'bout to help him get out."