91

Trinity took up her post with another CO, making idle chit chat as they looked around to the other inmates with visitors. Some had they babymamas and their 3-4-5 kids up in here, yelling and crying, hitting the vending machine, or just running around with peezy heads and pissy diapers. Others had their family members come to see them whether it be their ole girl, their brother/sister, or even a cousin or two. Then, you had others who had they little prison pen pals come to see them,

And you know what the funny shit was with that? You could almost always tell when it was the first time them niggas was meeting the broad  by the frown lines seeping into their face second by second. And i'd be fucking lying if I didn't say the women always looked the same. Pudgy, white, stringy blonde hair, looked like they ain't let a nigga run up in them for months and probably ain't even touch they own shit in years. 

The crazy thing bout it was, my mama used to do that penpal shit. So I knew off the gate that these kind of fat white women were intentionally finding a slim jim ass dark skin dude to sweep them off their feet. Sending them freaky letters, love letters, illustrating a fantasy and all that shit just for the inmate to get the fuck up outta they seat and tell the CO to send them back inside and leave the pen pal sitting at the table in tears. 

Now, some dudes, as sheisty as it sounds, entertain that shit because they ain't got nothing else going on. But, man, that ain't going to be me. I'd rather jack my dick blue at the head till I get desperate enough for all that shit. 

I looked over in Trinity direction and she glanced back at me, lips glossed and slightly curved up in the corners. I could spot her beauty mark even under her tan CO cap and that shit made my stomach drop a little. Not even from being disgusted or no shit like that, but it was a refreshing type feeling. Like that first kindergarten crush or some shit. 

Maybe, shit ion know, we might kick up something when I get outta here I hope"Young blood? What got your mind gone over there?" quizzed Tony, his amused smile spread across his face. He been peeped the small eye contact between Trinity and I but I played it off cool as always. 

"Huh? Oh, nothing." Trinity fixed her gaze at some bad-ass kids running around and I to Tony with a slight smile in my eyes. "So what brings you here?"

"Uh huh." he chomped on his Texas Roll when he sat down, leaning back in his seat triumphantly like he won a prize. He wiped his hands with the thin paper towels and crumbled them in a neat pile to throw away for later. I watched his movements like a hawk, careful to note any sign of bad news but the way his body movement flowed like he was taking a Sunday stroll on the beach or some shit helped me loosen up.

"Well," he leaned back into his seat, folded his hands together and smiled like a cheesy substitute teacher except with a mouth full of golds. I saw the wrinkles in the corners of his eyes curve upwards and the "Anaiis" tattoo above his eyebrow rise with his smile.

"Well, what, man?" I laughed, "You must have gotten some of that fire before walking up in here." Tony and I always had that kinda relationship where we just said whatever without having to worry about it being weird. I shared with him about my plays in the game and he shared with me his play with bitches so we called it even. Shit, at this point he already told me he wanted to smash my mom back in the day so its really nothing this nigga can say to me to surprise me. 

"Not even that, youngin'." his chuckle vibrated in the back of his throat with a smile. He really -was happy about some shit and I was hoping it-

"Ana agreed to write the letter for you."

I almost wanted to jump out my chair and dance to Brand New Day Like Oz or some shit but I kept my excitement to bouncing my knees alternatively under the table. I leaned forward, eyes wide with excitement and a smile widening each and every second.