62

If you don't mind, please vote & comment It really helps people find my work and enjoy the ride♥

The car ride was silent for the majority of the time. Truth be told doing all this driving wasn't doing shit  but making me sleepy on top of Chyna always playing old school music which made shit all the more harder to even stay up. But the more I had talked to Chyna, the cooler she had seemed. I guess I shouldn't judge a bitch by her strip club appearance because a lot of them would rather get on that pole in sweats and a tank top if they had the choice and it guaranteed them the same amount of money.

I'm giving into youuu again

I looked over to Chyna humming this Teena Marie song with her Balmain shades on. The little bits of oohs and aahs I could hear out of Chyna gave me the impression that she knew how to sing but I know some people be hush hush about it. So I just closed my eyes and took it in until I felt myself drift off...

I'm giving in to you again...

A younger Ana was sitting in her decorated bedroom covered with toys, dolls, coloring books and a large circular canopy bed right in the middle of it all. It was a baby pink with a more saturated shade of pink stitched along the edges. She was in the middle of her bed, hair decorated in beads and knockers down to the middle of her back and an oversized lion king tshirt draped over her. It was the middle of the day on one of the many weekends in her old house in Miramar. 2 stories, a backyard, pool, and a full 360 drivway. A picture perfect childhood that one can only dream of, and Ana was living it day to day with both of her parents.

Kandi and Sweet were slowly getting back on track to moving forward in their relationship which compelled Sweet to move Kandi and Ana out of the hood and away from the temptations the Kandi had fallen under before. The salon was booming and Sweet was considering helping Kandi scout some property to renovate in Atlanta so she could keep the money coming in. He fed into her dreams without hesitation and did everything he could to keep the mother of his child and love of his life happy. Even with the drugs in the past, he really believed in her.

Ana was just finishing a coloring book page of Toy Story when there was a loud thump and muffled yelling coming from her parent's bedroom that was adjacent to her room. The first set of two doors opened to the vanity and walk in closet while the second set of doors opened up the master bedroom that was finely decorated in royal blues and gold. Ana could remember how it always smelled like vanilla or tangerines thanks to her mom. Sweet smoked weed like the old school trap niggas but you would never guess Sweet was a hustler by his home appearance. He made it a point to keep that street shit out the house and let the energy be nothing but warm for him and his family. So yeah his homeboys came over and all that, but they made sure to leave the guns and the drugs in the car and pick up they clothes when they walked in his house.

My baby gonna know a nigga need to carry himself like a grown ass man and not a big ass nigga tryna fit into a little boy clothes. So you pick yo' fucking pants up and look presentable around my lady and my baby girl.

The muffled shouts got louder and louder each passing moment and it made little Ana grow worried at the activity.

"Mommy? Daddy?" the snaggletooth Ana hopped off the bed and cracked open her door just enough for the shouting to become clearer.

"You must think I'm fuckin' stupid, Kandi. Betty been calling me and asking me if I seen you since you ain't been coming to the shop. So where you be going? Cause you sure grab your bag and dip in the Lexus like you bout to conduct business."

"I already fuckin' told you that bitch Betty be hater as fuck. She be tryna stur up shit just to get to you, baby. I don't even know why you giving these bitches your number to call you on the personal number. So I guess the question should be, what do you and Betty have going on?"'

"You fucking bugging, Kandi. Fuck imma do with Betty? She be fuckin with JD down the way and that nigga dirty as fuck."

"So that's not answering my fuckin' question, Sweet. Why do these bitches have your personal number."

"Kandi- my number is on the emergency contact sheet in the office. If you was actually going to the office you would know its right behind the office door. So, I'll ask you again, because I trust you and I love you, where have you been going early in the morning and coming home late at night since Betty been calling more and more asking where you at?? If you fuckin' around just tell me. I would rather you keep it 100 with me and we do what we gotta do by Ana than you going around the fuckin' topic in circles till the day is out-"

"Man, fuck you Sweet! I know you fuckin' round on me when you go out of town so I don't even know where this sudden peak of curiousity coming from. Matter of fact, I'm out-"

"Fuck you going, Kandi? We having a whole conversation and you just gonna dip?"

"Fuckin' right! I'm not about to be accused of no shit when you the main one fuckin' around."

"Fuckin' around? Girl I go out of town to work. I don't be worried bout them bitches cause I got a lady at home I love to fuckin' pieces."

"Whatever Toni." There was some shuffling and doors opening which made Ana close her door so it didn't seem like she was eavesdropping. She pretended to be playing with her dolls but her ears were still to the door.

Then there was a clanking sound that Ana could hear faintly which escalated the fight even more.

"Man, you back with this shit, Kandi? After everything we done been through?"

"You don't know what the fuck you talkin' bout, Toni! Gimme my shit back!"

"I ain't giving shit back to you! I told you the next time you pull this shit I'm putting you in a rehab!"

"Fuck you and your rehab!" the door burst open and Kandi's voice amplified. She was standing in the doorway reaching up for a small glass tube that was burned at the ends.

"Gimme my shit back!"

"No! You fighting so hard for some shit that's keeping you from leveling your life up. I'm bout to break this shit, right the fuck now."

"I said, give me!"

Sweet let out a pained cry followed by a sound that mimicked a shove and multiple thuds thereafter. Next thing she knew she heard her mama cry out in pain as she laid at the foot of the stairs in a contorted position.

Ana swung open the door with wild eyes only to meet her father holding his bleeding cheek. It was sliced from his ear to his nostril leaving only a burgundy river to cascade down his mocha skin.

"Daddy? W-what did you do?"

I'm giving in to you again..

"Ana, we're here. Wake up."