45

"Man, ain't nobody snitching Bitch!"

Bullet clicked over to sports with a scoff before turning over to me with a gold-filled grin.

"Daaamn, so this nigga got 4 bodies on him? Watchu was doing some kinda initiation?

"Nah," I wiped the back of my neck with an alcohol pad and stood to my feet, stretching my neck "It wasn't even like that. I was.. helping someone."

"Someone? Shit, that someone had to be special enough for me to face the chair."

Sharpz twirled the toothpick around and around as he narrowed his eyes at me. "So if it wasn't an initiation, then what was it? If I heard that TV right," Sharpz pointed his finger at the TV then back at me "You facing life if convicted. So, tell us lil nigga, was it a bitch? Some money? Drugs?"

"She ain't a bitch." I snapped. As i was dabbing my neck with the paper towel, a thought had crossed my mind: he said something about that nigga Cut. Could it be that same Cut that Ana talking to? I had to keep it cool that I wasn't bothered by this information, and it didn't look like Sharpz and Bullet really noticed anyway.

"Awwww, shit. So it was a girl? Aw man, damn!" Bullet threw his hands in front of him like he just lost money betting on a game. His mouth upturned as he repeatedly sucked in his teeth like he had lunch still stuck in between them.

"Bitches always be the reason, man." Bullet rolled his eyes as he dealt some cards to start his game of solitaire. Taking a long suck of his tooth like that shit was a neck bone. "Hope she was worth it." he said with a scoff.

"She was. You don't know her. Me and her went way back and she was about to get raped by these niggas and well, the mama, she shot them."

"Where was the mama in all this?"

"From when I walked in? I'm guessing fucking the nigga who was about to rape her."

Sharpz sucked his teeth and blew out an exhausted whistle. "Aw, shit. That sound like some tellanovella type shit. Well," Sharpz patted me on the back so hard I almost stumbled forward, "I'm sure God gonna make a way for you. And don't wait till a whole month pass to get that nappy ass head lined up,"

Sharpz made a zigzag motion with the clippers, "Next time, I'm charging you 4 boxes of soap for all that shit. Ain't no bit of Indian in that bitch, my nigga. You can't wait months on end like you some lightskin nigga named Drake. That shit don't work like that."

"Alright, man, I'll see ya."

"Bet." I stepped forward as if I was gonna leave the shop but I caught myself as I was halfway out the door and turned back around.

"You said your babymoms knew Cut?"

Sharpz raised his eyebrows at me, his hands still cleaning the blades in a calculated rhythm. "Yeah, why? Don't tell me you fucked Kisha too-"

"Nah, man, ain't nothing like that. I just thought I heard you say someone I knew is all. Nevermind, g. I'll see you next week for the lineup."

"Yeah," Sharpz nodded his head at me, his expression still unconvinced."

"I'll see ya."

Shaking my head, I headed to the law library for the rest of my rec time so I can brush up on some cases. If I had to sit in my bunk and listen to the old papis playing Celia Cruz for another hour I was gonna lose my head.

-

The next week had came and went in a matter of blinks. I didn't even realize that it was Monday until my new CO, Trinity, came to my cell and let me know that my lawyer was here to meet with me.