27

"And just what made you think that that nigga was bluffing" quizzed Jamie with a whole ass smirk. She was already getting on my nerves as I was rummaging through her closet.

"bitch, I don't know! I just didn't think that nigga was serious about going to Ruth Chris  of all places especially when niggas be lookin' sick when you order an actual number at McDonald's."

Jamie fell back on her bed laughing. "this why you gotta stop fucking with bum ass niggas and get with the real breadwinners."

"Apparently." I huffed, pulling out of her closet a pair of all-white jeans. "do you think I could fit these?"

Jamie had her face deep in her plate when she nodded, lemon pepper smearing her face left and right. "mhm!"

"girl you not even lookin'!" I whined.

"Ana, you only what? 20 pounds heavier than me? girl you better fat girl squat in them shits and leave me alone." she grabbed the remote and the news seemed to be playing.

In recent reports following the trail of  Isaiah 'Skooby' Shauntavius Williams, there have been reports of evidence tampering that may bring the alleged suspect to an even longer sen-

Jamie shut off the tv. I could feel eyeing me while my back was to her. I stood there for a minute just taking in what I had heard. evidence tampering? wasn't nobody in that house besides everyone involved, including me. who the fuck else was in the house?

"Jamie-" I started but Jamie cut me off right then and there.

"No, don't even start, Ana. you and I both promised that judge that if you were to not testify in Skooby's case, it would grant you the right to live here. why you tryna fuck that u-"

"Fuck what up, Jamie? don't act like Skooby ain't been riding with us for years all at McArthur middle and shit. you actin' like you ain't even affected by this shit-"

"not affected?" Jamie moved her food off her lap and tilted her head to the side in disbelief, eyebrows furrowed together.

"how you gonna stand here and say I wasn't affected, ana? I almost lost my best fucking friend and now the nigga she in love with still is about to be put away for life and you think I'm just walking around here like the world don't fuckin' matter? you know what-" Jamie got up with a throw of her hands, shaking her head in silent denial.

"You played for that, Ana. I'm out." before I could even turn around to follow her Jamie was already out the door walking up to some all-black hummer truck sitting on 26's.

"Jamie!" I ran out the door with my shirt still unbuttoned, only to quickly hold it together when the rear window rolled down to some nigga with freeform dreads and diamond grills smiling my way hungrily. "Damn, ma, whatchu tryna party like your homegirl?"

"homegir- Jamie!" I shouted again as she opened the door "Jamie where the hell you going?!"

Jamie turned her neck to me in a mix of disappointment and hurt. "There's a spare key under the potted plant in the backyard." was all she said before closing the door behind her.

the hummer truck sped off with diamond grill blowing me a kiss. I couldn't even see who the driver was.

"What the fuck, Jamie." I craned my neck to try to get the license plate but it already had hit the corner with a screech.

-

I had my face in my hand looking out the window as me and Cut rode down 95 south to head to eat. he cleaned up real good, better than I had thought but the fight me and Jamie had had me so distracted I didn't even pay full detail into his fit.

Cut checked his rose gold Rolex, shaking his wrist so it could come from under his cream-colored Stefano Ricci dress jacket with a red rose embroidered on the cuff.

It was 745 and we was almost turning onto Miami Beach.

I ended up wearing a baby blue Lacoste dress shirt, all-white Levi jeans, and some clear colored wedge heels. you woulda sworn that Cut was a rapper and I was the girlfriend.

"Aye, I know you upset right now Ana but we got here a lil early. You wanna just walk the beach and grab some drinks since our reservation at 9?"

I was silent for a few seconds before shrugging my shoulders. I had to catch myself cause we was on a date and I couldn't be a whole bitch to Cut over some shit that happened with me and Jamie.

I took a breath, leaned back into the seat, and tucked some of my hair behind my ears. "yeah, yeah that'll be nice. where you was tryna go?"

Cut looked over to me, his face more relaxed, and bit his lip as he looked around to make sure it was safe to turn.

"shit, you got Angry Panda.. you got wet willies.. you got the tipsy mermaid.. whatever you down for ma, it's yo night." he smiled at me briefly before turning to head into the parking garage.

"Dang, you must really wanna hit if you tryna be nice like this."

"Nah, I woulda did much less if I was tryna hit. Don't you think you deserve to be wined and dined?" he looked over to me skeptically after he snatched the parking decal ticket from the machine.

"No- it's just- well" to be put on the spot like that was a lil embarrassing. considering I ain't even trust no other nigga after scooby nor was I gunning for anyone even with me and Cut talking for such a long time.

Cut chuckled, sucked his teeth and threw the decal across the dash. "say less. just know you ain't fuckin' with no lame, ma."

I sucked my teeth back at him playfully, leaning closer towards him with my elbow on the armrest. "and you ain't fuckin with no lame neither." I smirked triumphantly as he looked back over to me.

"Been peeped that, ma. Otherwise, I woulda just passed you off to one of my homeboys and been done with it-" before he could continue with his statement he looked over to me, smiled big and turned his face back to the front, the corners of his eyes wrinkling.

"What?" I asked.

"You fine as hell, ma." fucking charming motherfucker.

If I was white I sholl woulda been blushing right then and there.