96

"Oh yeah what kind of club y'all at?"

"Chyna not really telling me much about it but she said Rich homeboy owns the club? I'm looking at it from the Walgreens down the way and it looks packed as fuck"

"Oh, you talking about Pink Sake. Yeah, that shit is fun. Last time I went there I spent about 10 bands and don't even remember those bitches' names."

"Now Blu, I told you bout that bitch shit 'round me."

"Aiight aiight my bad ma. I'm just wondering why Chyna going there. Did she mention if she going with anyone"?

"Nah she didn't. to be real with you she's been acting really strange since we left Orlando and well... that thing happened with that dude... would you know if anything else is going on with her?"

Blu looked away from his phone, his jaw tight and eyebrows knitted together. When he tilted his head back into view of the camera, he shook his head no.

"She's probably just tired. You gotta think about it she been on the road a whole lot more than you and now she had to drive back to Atlanta after just leaving. I wouldn't think so much into it, feel me? But that's something I'm sure shell talk to you about in due time. I wouldn't push it so much."

I didn't wanna say too much on the issue so I just decided too dead it for now.

"And what you doing over by the Walgreens? Why you ain't go in?"

I took a sip of my sparkling water, rolled my eyes and hovered my iPhone to show him my clothes

"I ain't wanna look like no cleaning lady in a place like that. You already know the bitches that be walking in and out of there and you want me to go inside looking like I just rolled out of bed? I'm straight." I giggled.

"Shit you still look good to me. I'm sure if you got in there and shook a little ass, you'd make us some money."

"Us?! Sir don't get hung up on"

"I'm just saying- "Blu took a quick glimpse of his phone and sucked his teeth

"Aye lemme call you back. Lemme know what hotel y'all decide to stay at and I might pay you a visit."

"Pay me a visit? You mean get a room?"

"Shit if you wasn't having to pretend to be up under that nigga Cut, I would have just got us a room over at the Four Seasons. But lemme call you back, baby, money calling."

Boop. Boop. Boop.

Before I could even respond he already had ended the call. I caught a little attitude but I had to humble myself quicker than my bratty side came about.

Just out of curiosity, I called Cut and it went straight to voicemail. With a huff and a roll of my eyes, I put the phone in the cupholders and reached back into my suitcase for the folded letter I was supposed to give to my daddy that was going to determine an innocent man's freedom.

I reached further in my suitcase, pressed the letter on a folder I stole from the hotel, put the brightness on my iPhone at the lowest visible setting, and began to finish the letter.

Might as well finish this for good while I'm waiting for them to come back out.

My legs pressed against the cool, leather interior of Chyna's car and in an instant when I began to write again, my legs felt clammy and stuck to her seats like I just came from the pool or some shit. I knew it was because I was getting anxious but I had to tighten up and make this shit right.

Please just let me do this one thing right.

My stomach began to rumble and at first it was just gas from the sparkling water I just drank. Next thing I knew I had the door of Chyna car pushed wide open as I vomited clear fluid out of fucking nowhere. All you could hear were splashes of fluid hitting the pavement under the fluorescent pharmacy lights.