50

The drinks was flowing way past closing time in the restaurant but every time I saw the waiter I either saw Rich, Bear, or Cut slide him a crisp $100 bill for hush money. After a while, shit, even the chef decided to step in and introduce himself in such a wholesome manner that you couldn't tell right away that he was doing everything but suckin' cut dick for an extra tip. I sipped on my mojito slow, chewing on some ice and taking it all in as I watched everyone.

     I kept one palm in my lap, clenching and unclenching because it felt sweaty no matter how many times I would wipe it on the cloth underneath me. With drink in hand and Cut's arm around my waist, I just sat back and looked at each and every one of the people at the table without making it too suspicious that I didn't trust a fucking soul for as far as I could throw 'em.

Chyna was leaned into Rich, one of her hands placed carefully in between Rich chest, scratching every few sentences or so and of course Rich ate that shit like a hungry kid at the Golden Corral buffet. I couldn't put my finger on Chyna at all. I ain't know whether to trust her or throw her but for the meantime I tried my best to lower my suspicions and just go with the flow of things; not let the wind take me but I took it. Feel me?

"Aye, baby, you down to chill with just me tonight?" Cut whispered in my ear, the stubble around his face nipping at my cheek.

I tried my best to not let it in that I was already ready to fucking go! Chyna ain't even pay me no attention, she was all in Rich ear and Bear was literally all in his phone- taking pics of his food and shit to floss to other bitches how he living. With a roll of my eyes on the inside, I curled my glossy lips upwards towards Cut while fluttering my fresh minks his directions.

"I thought you was never gonna ask. Its 'bout time I got some alone time with you."

"Shit, say less den. Ayo, Rich! We out." Cut dug in his pants pocket and pulled out a wad of cash that was fastened in a rubber band. I took a mental note as he thumbed through the stack with precision. From just what he pulled out, I could see there had to be at least 10 $100 bills still neatly coiled even after he pulled out of the bunch 5 damn-near ironed $500 bills.

When he stopped counting, I bounced my focus back up and saw Chyna glance at me briefly before nodding her head approvingly at me.

Just remember these niggas don't want a sneaky ass bitch. I'm not gonna tell you to get your money through him by any means but don't let him peep anything other than you're loyal to him. I love my nigga Rich, but I love my money too. And if I had to choose that or him, trust I would choose it every time. A nigga gonna be able to pick a bitch for Sunday through Sunday. But we gotta make sure we straight.

And I don't know about you, but I got my get outta jail money. If you gonna be in this game with him you gonna have to learn that it can be here today and gone tomorrow. What're you gonna do now to secure yourself when it all dries up? Bounce to the next big hustla? Naw, I'm getting too old for that shit. And don't think because you're young there's not nobody younger, prettier, or wetter than you. Its up to you to play your role and master the game before he switch up the pieces on you.

Her "speech" crept up the back of my neck and kissed my behind my ear. Its like I could hear her without saying a word and that shit fucked with me. Despite her being right, it was something about the way that Chyna moved that had me on edge. Like I was playing Chess with all white pieces when my pieces were really painted white and she fucked with the entire board so she could have the upper hand. I don't know what in my mind connected, but I knew I couldn't just let her nor Cut nor Rich come up on me and blindside the dog shit out of me.

"Ana?" Cut's voice rang out as if I was standing far away. In reality, I was still sitting and he was standing with my jacket in his hands to put it on my shoulders.

"You good?"

"Oh- shit- yeah, I'm good. All them mojitos was just getting to my baby, no worries."

Playing it cool, I tucked my hair behind my ears and wrapped my fingers around his neck to publicly kiss him on the lips. I could've heard the grease pop from the kitchen how quiet it was after.

"Whew, shit! Lemme not hold y'all up then. Guess we gonna clear it back to the hotel too, ain't that right baby?" Rich twirled the toothpick around in the corner of his mouth as he openly snaked his hand in between Chyna's legs to make her cover her mouth from squealing too loud.

"Shit, lemme call my Uber den. I'll holla at y'all." Bear threw 4 $100 dollar bills down on the table and without even waiting for anyone to respond he hopped up and out the restaurant.

"Oh, shit. Ayo, Cut- before you go do what you do. Take this over to Porsche house."

Rich dug in his shirt pocket and handed Cut a bulky black leather wallet. Chyna ain't look our way again, but instead walked ahead to go fetch the Valet I'm guessing.

Cut gave Rich a head nod and tucked the wallet in his jacket pocket without a word. Rich stayed behind to smoke finish his blunt at the table out in public. I even think I heard him calling the waiter for a bottle of Pinot Grigio to go.

-

DISCUSSION TIME

- How do we feel about the direction of the book?
- How do we feel about Chyna? Bear? Rich? Cut?
- Any questions that you have about any of the characters pls feel free to share!
- any tips that you have or general questions, drop them here!

I'm planning on editing the story for a future ebook but rest assured I will finish the first book here! But trust there is a sequel in the midst.