22

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning.

 You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning

Excuse any mistakes.

The hood only be jumping in three situations: a party, an arrest, or a shooting. Two of the three happened tonight.

The streets were filled with at least 10 police cars and three ambulances and almost every block had people standing on it. Them same mamas with babies in pissy diapers was holding them close and at some houses all 3 generations was standing on the porch just watching, trying to see whats going on without the police getting oo much in they business. 

One office rolled out the yellow tape and I think I could even see a police reporter talking about what they think happened tonight in the B&Bs. 

I was in the back of a dade county police car and I saw it all, I even saw Zeke standing across the street with his hands deep in his black sweatpants. I couldn't even see his face cause his hoodie was pulled way over his face.

"Oh- shit! Skooby! Where's Skooby!" 

I craned my neck as best as I could to see Jamie hopping out her jeep with her nigga BG in the passenger. You could tell she was home cause she had on a white shirt, no bra and some bright red sweatpants and no makeup on whatsoever. 

"Skooby!" she tried to get past the police line but you know they was blocking her from getting through.

"My sister is in there! Ana!" 

It was like watching a whole horror movie production right before my eyes. I saw them roll out one body bag.

Then the second.

The third.

Then the fourth. I could tell it was the heavyset nigga that was on top of Ana by way the paramedics was struggling to wheel his big ass down the narrow, rickety steps. 

Then they wheeled out Miss Kandi. She was already covered with an oxygen mask as they wheeled her to a hospital helicopter. When did that shit get here?

Then, they wheeled out Ana.

I had to turn my head as I felt the tears run down my face. This shit was just too fucked up and I already know it looked bad I was the only one standing in that bitch.

"FUCK!" I kicked the back of the police cruiser seat over and over again till I tired myself. I did the best I could to stay out of this hood shit and somehow someway I found myself tangled back into the biggest shit ever.

"That's my sister! Let me ride with her goddammit!" Jamie pointed at Ana in her stretcher and the officers just let her through onto the back of the ambulance truck.

They rode off to the hospital.

I looked away, that shit was really fuckin' with me.

When I saw the crowds of bitches and niggas looking on I saw one nigga out the crowd that I ain't expect to even care bout shit like this.

That nigga Cut. 

He was sitting in his car round a few niggas and a few bitches and they was just looking too but the look in his face made me feel like he saw an opportunity

I was bout to jump out this car and step to that nigga. Especially knowing Ana talkin' to this nigga I just hope when all this shit over she don't respond to his cries for rescue.

I looked back his way and I almost swore that nigga was looking at me, his golds shining under the streetlights. It wasn't long till he said something to his crew and they all climbed in his car and drove off out the hood.

That nigga ain't sit right with me no matter if it was the only fuckin' chair in the building.

Before my mind could wander any further, the cops got into the car they put me in and started the engine. The burly officer who pistol-whipped me was in another car and the nigga in this car looked bout as built as all outdoors.

"Young man, I don't know what all happened tonight but I'm praying for you. Cause it don't look pretty."

I just put my head down, he was right.

"I grew up in these same projects once upon a time." he pulled out of the driveway, and we was on the way to the precinct. "Can't say all the boys I grew up with made it out. Made it alive. Made it period. But I did. And if all of this blow over, young blood, take my advice and run from this hellhole." I could hear the disgust and disappointment in his voice as we passed by the dboys and bitches lurkin' for a comeup on opposite sides of thre block.

Run and never look back. Because its so easy to get sucked in this inferno. 

-

See y'all next chapter.