23

excuse any mistakes.

2 1/2 months later 

"C'mon, Ana, today's the senior pep rally and I know you ain't bust your ass all year to just sit in the bed

"C'mon, Ana, today's the senior pep rally and I know you ain't bust your ass all year to just sit in the bed." Jamie laid on her stomach next to me in her bed, her head rested in her hands as she propped them up on her elbows. She pouted at me and rubbed my head motherly.

I ain't even feel the tear roll down my face.

I been staying with Jamie and her auntie for almost 2 months now, since I was still underage you already know DCF came hunting me down at school trying to put me in some kind of group home for at-risk youth but I'm just so fuckin grateful for my girl Jamie.  She fought them social workers and agreed to have me stay with them.

And I think Jamie auntie appreciate me being around more and not BG cheating ass. Since Jamie was helping me move in with her and helping me adjust to the entire situation I guess BG caught an attitude and started entertaining some bitches at the Qs. 

Push come to shove, he got drunk and fucked one of them raw, got one of the girls pregnant and gave Jamie Chlamydia. 

Do I need to say she broke up with him? I hope not. 

I barely remember that night. I just remember seeing my mama suckin' dick then the next thing I know I was pinned to the ground by I guess the Kingpin of the whole operation about to be broken into the life when it all went black.

I woke up in the hospital where I tested positive for inhalents of meth and heroine and faint traces of angel dust.

Shit blows my mind because I know for a fact that I didn't take no drugs. I promised myself to not sniff or inject shit, I don't even like weed.

But apparently whatever they was cooking had the strength to put a horse down. 

And i'm almost 100000000% sure that if that shit hit the streets it was going to make that fat fuck a profit.

They ran every test you could think of. STDs, drugs, chronic illnesses, even brain damage.

I didn't even know I was anemic!

But, thank God I was able to make it out with a few scratches and scrapes. 

But Skooby.. Skooby got arrested and charged with 4 counts of homicide and 1 count of attempted homicide. My mama.

Of course Jamie didn't want me watching the news but I followed his trail and I knew Skooby had a good ole Jewish lawyer with no hair at the top of his head fighting this case. 

I could only pray at this point.

"Jamie.." I took a long breath, exhaling everything that was in my chest. "I don't want to go to this pep rally and have all these nosy bitches in my face tryna find out what happened to Skooby. You know I ain't that injured to fight a bitch." I jokingly said, throwing up my set in the air.

Jamie sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes playfully. "Girl, you don't even gotta do that shit. I told Mary to let them hoes know not to step to you bout shit except a get well soon And if they want to act awky they just gon' get these fuckin' hands!" she exclaimed.

That shit made me laugh a little. "You so damn crazy, where did I ever get a friend like you?" I asked, sitting up and taking my brasilian curly hair out of the messy bun its been in since Wednesday- its Friday now. 

"Girl God had me overnighted to you! Duh!" Jamie pulled my arm and sat me in front of her vanity, humming some song to herself. "We gon' get you right! No moping, babygirl. Your sissy got you!" she started to lay out all her eyeshadow pallettes and her custom eyelashes that she aint even have for sale yet.

"Jamie," I flatly said as I looked in the mirror at my face. "What does depression feel like?"

Jamie stopped laying out her tools and just looked at me then our same reflection. My eyes didn't leave hers.

"What you talkin' bout?" she moved her lips to one side, scrunching her eyebrows together in confusion.

"You heard me," I inhaled, then exhaled. It felt harder than normal to do. "I know black people don't talk 'bout it. But.. What does depression feel like?'

Jamie squinted her eyes and just shifted uncomfortably on her feet. "I don't know, Ana. How you feelin' right now?" she placed her hand on the arm on the chair briefly before running her hand over my head to smooth my hair.

"I- it feels like its hard to focus. I don't want to eat. I don't want to do anything but be angry and scream. I been so fuckin' mad at my mama and my daddy for so long that all these feelins just coming over me at once and i-" I looked at Jamie with my vision blurred and bottom lip burning hot.

"I don't know what the fuck goin' on-"

Jamie wrapped me in her arms tight. Tighter than she ever did. Tighter than when she got her first period in class. Tighter than when her parents put her out. Tighter than when her and BG had her first fight.

It felt like she was trying to pull all that sadness out of me.

"You don't need to know right now." she breathed, but I could feel her trembling as she started crying. "Just know i'm here with you girl. You not alone, and we going to get through this shit. You my sister for life and I don't give a fuck bout nothing else but you." she squeezed me tight like I was about to fly away and I couldn't help but hug her back.

"Just promise me you won't do no crazy shit or be like them bitches on Snapped cause we going to be bunkmates at the TJK I promise you." she sniffed a few times but I felt her tears dampening my shirt.

I hugged her back, closing my eyes as I too felt the river cascade down my scratched up face.

"I promise, Jamie. Ain't nothing gon' happen to me."

"I promise."

-

See y'all next chapter

Vote & comment per usual